Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Default Re: Keep Iphone 5 or S3??

I did exactly that. Hated the 5. Was a joke IMO. So I sent it back and I love the S3 and all the things that bugged me about Android in the past are all near being completely gone. Especially when I get JB with Project Butter on it. I dont know you obviously but I decided for myself if I was already not enjoying the i5 then in 6 months I would probably hate it. I love my GS3 and am now thinking I am gonna get an Android tablet next cause getting on my ipad now is just boring for me. I can do more on my GS3 than my iPad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Default Keep Iphone 5 or S3??

I just tried note 2 at sprint and i am 1000% sure it will be my next phone as soon as it hits verizon stores. Amazing phone wow i am still amazed. Bye bye apple. I was going to get s3 but only bcz i didnt see note2 in person. I would say wait to see note 2 it is a bigger s3 and screen looks brighter plus its quad core with the battery that can power a chevy volt.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

i have seen the samsung note 2 also at sprint. i must say it is one heck of a device...... but for everyday usage and trying to put that thing in my pocket while i work out would be a mess. the size of the s3 is fine . i have used android in the past ( g1, evo) while on the tmobile or sprint network but i havent used it lately . i wish the JELLYBEAN update was on the phone so i could see how buttery smooth the android os would be . but i guess il just have to wait . i have decided to get the S3 and give it a try . thanks to all for the info and post you have left. i really enjoy reading this and other android sites. i will get back with you all soon with many questions .... im sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaQuickPG View Post
    I just tried note 2 at sprint and i am 1000% sure it will be my next phone as soon as it hits verizon stores. Amazing phone wow i am still amazed. Bye bye apple. I was going to get s3 but only bcz i didnt see note2 in person. I would say wait to see note 2 it is a bigger s3 and screen looks brighter plus its quad core with the battery that can power a chevy volt.
    Thanked by:

Had the Iphone 4 and my wife had the Iphone 4s. i bought the GS 3. I kept the Iphone around during my evaluation but wound up keeping the GS3. The keyboard on the GS3 was driving me nuts so, I downloaded Swiftkey 3 which made typing on it similar to the Iphone. There are so many more things you can do with the GS3 then the Iphone. I agree the differences between the Iphone 4, 4s and 5 are not that much.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

I've owned the iPhone3GS, 4, and now the 5. Before buying the 5 I upgraded to the GS 3. The phone looks great all the apps that I needed and that screen is a show stopper. Its so big and everthing looks great on it. There were several things I could never get used to though. I missed the text app on the iPhone, I missed the unified mailbox for my 2 accounts, I missed the badges over the email that told me how many I had, just little things that I could find apps for or get over.

The reason I returned the GS3 and went with the 5 is the battery. On the iPhone 4 I would come home from work everyday with 50% or more battery life. With the GS 3 I had maybe 35%. The final straw was going into a 2hour movie with 57% and walking out with 34% with never having touched the phone. Some have said this isnt normal others say deal with it and get another battery or turn everything off. I gave up and returned it for the 5. Battery is no longer a problem with the 5. Also with the 5 I have LTE everywhere I go. With the GS 3 it switched to 3G almost all the time. Not sure if that was the battery problem or not.

After saying all that my iPhone 5 is going back tomorrow. Im not happy with it after having the GS 3, I can not go back to this screen after having that. I think I might pre order the Note 2 when I return this tomorrow and give that one a try. If the battery lasted longer I would still have my GS 3, I am truly hooked on that screen.
    Nebgator likes this.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7&9

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    I was referring to purchased material. Granted, I've never tried because I don't use iTunes, but can you really play a song purchased on iTunes (.m4p file) on the S3? I didn't think so....or has it been so long since I've used iTunes that this isn't a problem any more?
    Isn't that what DoubleTwist https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....androidPlayer is supposed to do for you?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by junkie88 View Post
    I've owned the iPhone3GS, 4, and now the 5. Before buying the 5 I upgraded to the GS 3. The phone looks great all the apps that I needed and that screen is a show stopper. Its so big and everthing looks great on it. There were several things I could never get used to though. I missed the text app on the iPhone, I missed the unified mailbox for my 2 accounts, I missed the badges over the email that told me how many I had, just little things that I could find apps for or get over.

The reason I returned the GS3 and went with the 5 is the battery. On the iPhone 4 I would come home from work everyday with 50% or more battery life. With the GS 3 I had maybe 35%. The final straw was going into a 2hour movie with 57% and walking out with 34% with never having touched the phone. Some have said this isnt normal others say deal with it and get another battery or turn everything off. I gave up and returned it for the 5. Battery is no longer a problem with the 5. Also with the 5 I have LTE everywhere I go. With the GS 3 it switched to 3G almost all the time. Not sure if that was the battery problem or not.

After saying all that my iPhone 5 is going back tomorrow. Im not happy with it after having the GS 3, I can not go back to this screen after having that. I think I might pre order the Note 2 when I return this tomorrow and give that one a try. If the battery lasted longer I would still have my GS 3, I am truly hooked on that screen.
    There are so many free apps on android. And u can convert music u bought to transfer. But there are also free music download apps on android. So u don't have to pay for music. Most carriers are still working on getting 4g everywhere. We don't have it here except for vzw and we r not with them. I played with the note 2 today and it's a spectacular phone. If u liked the S3 u will love it I think.

O_o WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

I'd get the GS3 just to make an example of the iPhone 5. Apple's poor QC with phones arriving scratched, scuffed, or just plain defective is irritating. As for you camera, the iPhone 5 has the whole new sapphire lens cover or whatever - solar flare (purple haze) added to all your photos. *FACE PALM*

I must admit the battery is nice on the iPhone. But that's about it. Basically, I'd snag the GS3 or Note 2 even and just wait for the iPhone 5S if you're looking for something Apple. Or buy a iPod touch and combo it up with the Android phone.

I just got my S3. I came off the Razr Maxx (which I upgraded to from an iPhone 4). Oh my god. This thing is incredible. It's fast, the screen is awesome, and it just kicks ****. Just, wow.

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

If you want some objective data to make up your mind which phone is better, then go to anandtech.com and view their results of objective testing on the iphone 5 vs. other phones including the GS3. Basically the iphone 5 is faster, better, with longer battery life.

AnandTech - The iPhone 5 Review

W hether or not you're going to be happy with the choice you make is going to depend on how much research you do before you purchase anything. My sister just bought an iPhone 5 and loves it. Ive had my S3 for a little over a week and have never been so glued to a phone right after I bought it. Things I personally am biased towards on the S3:

- screen is absolutely beautiful. I prefer the size of the S3s 4.8 super amoled screen and feel like its second to none for watching movies.
    - I love landscape typing with the android keyboard and can do it surprisingly quickly. The auto-selection of words seems to work very well about 90% of the time. At least for me.
    - i am a music producer. The way this handles media files has certainly eased my life between studios! No serious producer actually compiling music on levels required to make a living would rely on iOSs "garage band," so I never gave it any real consideration.
    - both Social media apps and games really shine on the S3. I have yet to experience a crash or have had to hard reboot. Of course everyone runs into a glitch now and then, but the S3s processing power and abundance of RAM definitely seem to take charge at all times.

Please remember this is my experience. I personally really love my phone but you may find yourself displaying equal amounts of affection for the iphone after taking it for a spin. Just remember to do yourself a favor and spend a good hour demo-ing the S3, if possible. :-)

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Android Central Forums
    hell_on_heels likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12