Keep Iphone 5 or S3??

ryaldoo

May 9, 2011
Visit site
im getting close to my 14 days with my iphone 5 and i am contemplating exchanging for the samsung galaxy s 3. I had the iphone 4s and the iphone 5 is just , well, boring. I have done alot of research on the Droid razr hd maxx and im not impressed by the camera . i dont want to downgrade i want to get a better phone. I am on the fence . i am asking for you to please sway me one way or another. i like a good camera, group messaging , texting , browsing the net , ect ... the samsung has these features but why am i gonna want to get one of these instead of keep the iphone 5 ?

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
im getting close to my 14 days with my iphone 5 and i am contemplating exchanging for the samsung galaxy s 3. I had the iphone 4s and the iphone 5 is just , well, boring. I have done alot of research on the Droid razr hd maxx and im not impressed by the camera . i dont want to downgrade i want to get a better phone. I am on the fence . i am asking for you to please sway me one way or another. i like a good camera, group messaging , texting , browsing the net , ect ... the samsung has these features but why am i gonna want to get one of these instead of keep the iphone 5 ?

The s3 does more then iPhone 5 imo you can always flash roms install launchers make the phone your own

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
this is an Android forum, specifically a SGS3 forum...what do you think we're going to say?

Lol the iPhone 5 isn't that bad its just boring but I like the build quality but your right were all biased here

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
For me, the ip5 is like a cute little baby toy. I get it, it works great and many many people love it and it's not really a toy - it is still a fast, well built phone with a very stable os. aaaaaaand boring, as you've said. I like my android widgets and ability to customize my phone in just about every way. I want my homescreens to do more for me than be a stupid app drawer. Besides just the usefulness I find with Android vs ios, I also am not a fan of the apple mindset where it's their way or the highway. Here's an example - Apple just built in more support for emoji and has kicked all emoji apps out of the app store so they don't compete with Apple's built in capability. Would google do that? Absolutely not.

And I also love the big screen. Anything smaller now just looks tiny. Even holding the ip5 at the store felt weird, like it was just abnormally small or something. Geez, I'm even giving thought to the note 2 when available...

nation001

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
My brother has the iPhone 5, I played with it for a few and found out that it is not much different then the 4s besides the speed and the bigger screen there's not much of a difference, there's so much you can do on an s3 you just have to use it a lot and find all of it secrets.... I had the 4s and decided to upgrade to the s3 because I don't think I would have enjoyed the 5 as much

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Nebgator

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Iphone 5 after trying S3 for 3 months. Main reasons for me were: 1. Built quality, 2. App availability, 3. Global phone (I travel overseas) 4. Bugs with S3, 5. Battery life (S3=8-10 hrs in LTE IPhone 5=12-14 hrs in LTE )

If S3 had JB, extra battery power, and Global roaming I would have kept it.

I recommend waiting until GN2 out (11/27). It is a better phone than S3 (but bigger too)

ryaldoo

May 9, 2011
Visit site
also my wife and many others i know have an iPhone. when you use emoji on an android device does the smilie face show up on an apple device?

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
i think you have answered your own question. buts its really are you an apple person or do you want to give ansdroid a shot. i think you get more bang for your buck with android and you can modify it if you choose

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll be honest I'd wait and get the nexus 4 once it gets lte.......that phone will be bangin

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
IPhone is a fantastic phone; very reliable and smooth. I switch to the S3 because the iPhone got stale after 3 years. Now, I have an S3 flashed with CM 10 and loving my new phone with Jelly Bean.

I hope Apple comes with a new revamped iOS in the future so that I can switch again. Good luck !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
The only thing that I can really think of that would be a drawback to switching is if you have a lot of purchased music/apps/video/etc on iTunes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the S3 isn't a better phone, it is...but that's about the only valid reason I could think of for holding onto iPhone (of course, even if that is the case...I'd still remove myself from the iTunes shackles!).

For some, the iPhone is the right choice. For example mom and step-dad both have one, they're in their 60's and don't really "get" computers, so they like how easy the iPhone is to use. I had to set up their iPhones for them, and became frustrated at the complete lack of actual user settings that can be adjusted...but I guess that's the point for folks who don't want to have to deal with that sort of thing.

I'll be honest I'd wait and get the nexus 4 once it gets lte.......that phone will be bangin

That phone will never happen.

There will probably be some nice new VZW Android phones for Black Friday/Christmas shopping season, but the OP already stated he's under the gun of the 14-day exchange period and doesn't really have the luxury of waiting the long. S3 is still a great choice for a new phone right now.

General Tso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
It depends on what you like. I switched from an iPhone 5. The screen is just too narrow.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that I can really think of that would be a drawback to switching is if you have a lot of purchased music/apps/video/etc on iTunes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the S3 isn't a better phone, it is...but that's about the only valid reason I could think of for holding onto iPhone (of course, even if that is the case...I'd still remove myself from the iTunes shackles!).

For some, the iPhone is the right choice. For example mom and step-dad both have one, they're in their 60's and don't really "get" computers, so they like how easy the iPhone is to use. I had to set up their iPhones for them, and became frustrated at the complete lack of actual user settings that can be adjusted...but I guess that's the point for folks who don't want to have to deal with that sort of thing.

I used to use iTunes...I can still drag/drop/play all my iTunes library on my GS3...so what's the point of an iPhone again?

truthfamilyfaith

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Being an ex apple fanboy i can't say enough how amazing this phone is. Like you, I too became bored with Apple after 3 years. It was a scary jump to android. Well worth it. A Thousand times over worth it. The screen seems too big on the gs3,but it quickly became my favorite and part. In able to use it with one hand easy. The features in on this phone are crazy useful compared to the bland kool-aid that is ios. Make the jump. You for real won't regret it.

Glitzy35

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I also loved my Iphone and was terrified to make the leap to android. But once I saw those s3 commercials I was hooked. This phone is amazing. You do get used to the size, and I have to say my favorite feature is the pop up video play. I found an app called super video that does it even better then the stock video play. Being able to watch my favorite movies while reading forums or news or Facebook or whatever is so much fun!! Take my advice, and get the S3 then get yourself an ipod touch for your Apple fix. Cuz let's face it, android doesn't have half the game selection that the app store has. I do miss my games. But I'm gonna go get that ipod touch soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463