So I bought a Verizon S3 from Amazon to replace my Razr Maxx - how do I...

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Can I get the S3 to take over for the Razr without having to go to Verizon? How do I do that? Is it as simple as swapping the card from the Maxx to the S3?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Can I get the S3 to take over for the Razr without having to go to Verizon? How do I do that? Is it as simple as swapping the card from the Maxx to the S3?

Yes, it *should* be just that simple, as long as they both use the same size SIM cards. If they don't, you'll either need to get a new SIM from a VZW store, or modify your SIM to fix. (The former being the best option).

I know the S3 uses micro SIM, but some of the VZW LTE phones use mini SIM.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it *should* be just that simple, as long as they both use the same size SIM cards. If they don't, you'll either need to get a new SIM from a VZW store, or modify your SIM to fix. (The former being the best option).

I know the S3 uses micro SIM, but some of the VZW LTE phones use mini SIM.

So, the way things normally go for me means a trip to Verizon for a SIM :)

- - - Updated - - -

Are you going to be buying the S3 from Verizon?

Amazon

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
That is mostly true, but it does not matter who you buy the Verizon phone from, just that it is a verizon phone.

As for the op, I used to switch my sim between a few different phones in the same day without going to verizon. Pop it in and you should be good to go.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21