Brand new gs3 android system eating battery?

charkzilla20

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I just got a gs3 yesterday! I love it. But I noticed that after an hour of light use, the battery is at 75%, with "Android System" using 50%-60% in the battery manager. I am using Nova launcher, GPS is off, mobile data off, even power saving mode on. What could it be?

Thanks guys!
-Chark

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I just got a gs3 yesterday! I love it. But I noticed that after an hour of light use, the battery is at 75%, with "Android System" using 50%-60% in the battery manager. I am using Nova launcher, GPS is off, mobile data off, even power saving mode on. What could it be?

Thanks guys!
-Chark

I've had this happen to me too before... What usually takes care of it for me is to go into gtalk, log out, go into the application manager, force stop gtalk, and the open it back up again and sign back in. For whatever reason it seems to be an issue with gtalk causing a wake lock.

TekNiKal

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious for a fix as well. I bought my GS3 a few weeks ago and my battery drained rapidly. After a few days, it lasted longer. My wife just got her GS3 and she complained about her battery draining fast. I didn't really know what to tell her to do.

charkzilla20

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Alrighty update! So i did a bunch of stuff, i did the Google talk thing, and I found out that all of my motion gesture features were on, as well as the Verizon's location service (which apparantly sucks a ton of batt). I also adjusted some push notification settings and voila! I now get around 30mins for 5% of my battery and my battery screen looks like this:
uploadfromtaptalk1352434133192.jpg

Android System is now using WAY LESS than before! Yay! Thanks guys! :)

-Chark

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsmith786x