Why is the background on gmail so dim?

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I realize we have to set screen brightness in two places, one of them being the internet.
While the internet is bright enough for reading in the car when I turn it up, gmail is quite dim.
I can find no setting to brighten gmail.
Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Isabel

roaztb33f

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Are you turning off the automatic brightness. Even if you crank it up and leave that checked it'll eventually adapt to the lighting in the room. Also have a dirty screen could effect the sensor's ability to determine adequate lighting, etc.

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I realize we have to set screen brightness in two places, one of them being the internet.
While the internet is bright enough for reading in the car when I turn it up, gmail is quite dim.
I can find no setting to brighten gmail.
Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Isabel

Check power saving settings. You might have background color checked. Thamight be the issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I just figured it out!
Gmail, strangely, responds to the brightness settings you use on the desktop settings!
Duh!

I would have thought it was related to internet settings.
Thanks for the feedback. (I never have automatic brightness checked - it's useless.)

spectre72

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I just figured it out!
Gmail, strangely, responds to the brightness settings you use on the desktop settings!
Duh!

I would have thought it was related to internet settings.
Thanks for the feedback. (I never have automatic brightness checked - it's useless.)
Looked but can't find "internet settings." Where would I find an internet brightness setting?

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
When you're on a website (NOT your mail) hit the menu button (lower right on the phone) and scroll up a bit. You'll see it below "Save for Offline Reading".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci