I hope Jellybean does not come to the S3

WhoolioPreludee

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I really hope Jellybean misses the Gs3, Jellybean sucks. Had the Gnex and it was always a crap device but after Jellybean nothing but forcecloses, flash player files would not play correctly even when the newest apk was installed and decreased battery life on an already horrible battery. Only benefit is project butter, but the cons outweigh the benefits. Same story with my Xoom, better battery life and experience with Honeycomb than ICS or JB. On the S3 ICS works great so, don't mess with it Samsung, wait for Keylime and see if enough bug have been ironed out

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
lol, we already have a JB leak of what is said to be the official Verizon release and it seems pretty flawless. So while you are the one person who would rather stay on ICS, every other S3 user will be enjoying JB.

I also had the GNEX and while battery life was crap with ICS and JB on that device, I was not having any forcecloses. Must be something you did.

droid83

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
It looks like this latest jellybean leak might become official. It addressed all the bugs from the first leak. Speak for yourself but I want butter bean.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

sherrymyra

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I know nothing about jelly bean or "butter bean". I just know I don't want any issues from upgrading. So hopefully the bugs have been addressed.

Roffles

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure what your experience with the galaxy Nexus has to do with our phones. I'm running the latest jelly bean leak right now and it is rock solid. I did a backup and restore of my flashplayer using titanium and flash performance is better than ever.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I think if a new s3 came with jelly bean there would be no issues. I think the updates are hit or miss for some people. I don't know if it's software or some kind of corruption but when I had the droid incredible and got gingerbread it killed my bluetooth. Other people didn't have problems. When I got ics on my Galaxy s2 it killed my battery and was unstable. I think many others had problems as well. It sucks to do (and may be impossible now since my last update went through without prompting me) but unless they improve the updates, a factory reset should be performed. Major updates always seem to screw up my phones.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Tough. It's coming whether you like it or not ;)

As someone who has spent ample amounts of time with the leaks and AOKP I assure everyone, there is absolutely no downside to Android 4.1 on the GS3.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

roaztb33f

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Don't wish that upon us. LOL! If you don't want the update don't download the update. I myself cannot wait for the update.

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Op dont know what the problem with your devices have running 4.1. My gnex has been flawless with 2-4 hour battery usage increase. I do get the odd app crash here or there, but other then that jelly bean is a vast improvement over 4.1. Google now and notifications are a dream, and project butter is well worth it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

nic_20

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I did the software update and now it's causing issues!! I'm a complete techno pleb and don't understand anything.

I use live profile and although it's glitchy normally since the update all my friends are showng unavailable. I deleted, rebooted, reinstalled and rebooted several times and still no good!! Might be 4.1.1 update or could be live profile but my yahoo email seems to be problematic as well. I don't have many apps so can't tell if it's the update or not!!

Can anyone help - I'd like to revert back to the old software and see if it is jellybean or not - but don't know how or if I can
Thanks

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I did the software update and now it's causing issues!! I'm a complete techno pleb and don't understand anything.

I use live profile and although it's glitchy normally since the update all my friends are showng unavailable. I deleted, rebooted, reinstalled and rebooted several times and still no good!! Might be 4.1.1 update or could be live profile but my yahoo email seems to be problematic as well. I don't have many apps so can't tell if it's the update or not!!

Can anyone help - I'd like to revert back to the old software and see if it is jellybean or not - but don't know how or if I can
Thanks
I think there's an issue related to Yahoo! Mail even on ICS. After adding it the account disappears after minimal usage. I don't have any critical or time sensitive communications running over Yahoo! Mail so I don't even worry about it knowing I can check it on my laptop when needed.

nic_20

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I've never come across that to be fair, guess we all have our own little glitches to contend with ha!!

Very frustrating, last time I do an update!!!

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

Thanks

Unless you rooted/installed a rom then you didn't install JB judging by your post. I believe there is a way to install the full untouched leak but I am not sure. Not too smart if that's what you did, not sure why you wouldn't read into this anymore.

Official is still ICS on verizon so any issues you have are with ICS.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I've never come across that to be fair, guess we all have our own little glitches to contend with ha!!

Very frustrating, last time I do an update!!!
Are you on Sprint? Verizon Jelly Bean official update is not here yet. Like others in this thread have noted I can't wait for Jelly Bean and wouldn't be discouraged and not upgrade. If you can be more specific with the errors you're seeing and how/when they occur maybe people here can help further.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci