Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I hope Jellybean does not come to the S3

I really hope Jellybean misses the Gs3, Jellybean sucks. Had the Gnex and it was always a crap device but after Jellybean nothing but forcecloses, flash player files would not play correctly even when the newest apk was installed and decreased battery life on an already horrible battery. Only benefit is project butter, but the cons outweigh the benefits. Same story with my Xoom, better battery life and experience with Honeycomb than ICS or JB. On the S3 ICS works great so, don't mess with it Samsung, wait for Keylime and see if enough bug have been ironed out

Default Re: I hope Jellybean does not come to the S3

I hope Jellybean does not come to the S3-24005427.jpg
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

Developing...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Galaxy Nexus
    Galaxy Tab 7 (Original)

lol, we already have a JB leak of what is said to be the official Verizon release and it seems pretty flawless. So while you are the one person who would rather stay on ICS, every other S3 user will be enjoying JB.

I also had the GNEX and while battery life was crap with ICS and JB on that device, I was not having any forcecloses. Must be something you did.
    Thanked by:
    GC736 and Pandu Dryad like this.

It looks like this latest jellybean leak might become official. It addressed all the bugs from the first leak. Speak for yourself but I want butter bean.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I know nothing about jelly bean or "butter bean". I just know I don't want any issues from upgrading. So hopefully the bugs have been addressed.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

I'm not sure what your experience with the galaxy Nexus has to do with our phones. I'm running the latest jelly bean leak right now and it is rock solid. I did a backup and restore of my flashplayer using titanium and flash performance is better than ever.

I think if a new s3 came with jelly bean there would be no issues. I think the updates are hit or miss for some people. I don't know if it's software or some kind of corruption but when I had the droid incredible and got gingerbread it killed my bluetooth. Other people didn't have problems. When I got ics on my Galaxy s2 it killed my battery and was unstable. I think many others had problems as well. It sucks to do (and may be impossible now since my last update went through without prompting me) but unless they improve the updates, a factory reset should be performed. Major updates always seem to screw up my phones.

Thanked by:
    jroc 
    chevyman29 likes this.

Tough. It's coming whether you like it or not

As someone who has spent ample amounts of time with the leaks and AOKP I assure everyone, there is absolutely no downside to Android 4.1 on the GS3.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    Thanked by:

Don't wish that upon us. LOL! If you don't want the update don't download the update. I myself cannot wait for the update.

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

Op dont know what the problem with your devices have running 4.1. My gnex has been flawless with 2-4 hour battery usage increase. I do get the odd app crash here or there, but other then that jelly bean is a vast improvement over 4.1. Google now and notifications are a dream, and project butter is well worth it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ROM
    CM10 M1

Sigh ignorance

And I'm loving jellybean on my Nexus 7.

I did the software update and now it's causing issues!! I'm a complete techno pleb and don't understand anything.

I use live profile and although it's glitchy normally since the update all my friends are showng unavailable. I deleted, rebooted, reinstalled and rebooted several times and still no good!! Might be 4.1.1 update or could be live profile but my yahoo email seems to be problematic as well. I don't have many apps so can't tell if it's the update or not!!

Can anyone help - I'd like to revert back to the old software and see if it is jellybean or not - but don't know how or if I can
    Thanks

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nic_20 View Post
    I did the software update and now it's causing issues!! I'm a complete techno pleb and don't understand anything.

I use live profile and although it's glitchy normally since the update all my friends are showng unavailable. I deleted, rebooted, reinstalled and rebooted several times and still no good!! Might be 4.1.1 update or could be live profile but my yahoo email seems to be problematic as well. I don't have many apps so can't tell if it's the update or not!!

Can anyone help - I'd like to revert back to the old software and see if it is jellybean or not - but don't know how or if I can
    Thanks
    I think there's an issue related to Yahoo! Mail even on ICS. After adding it the account disappears after minimal usage. I don't have any critical or time sensitive communications running over Yahoo! Mail so I don't even worry about it knowing I can check it on my laptop when needed.

I've never come across that to be fair, guess we all have our own little glitches to contend with ha!!

Very frustrating, last time I do an update!!!

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Thanks
    Unless you rooted/installed a rom then you didn't install JB judging by your post. I believe there is a way to install the full untouched leak but I am not sure. Not too smart if that's what you did, not sure why you wouldn't read into this anymore.

Official is still ICS on verizon so any issues you have are with ICS.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

I've never come across that to be fair, guess we all have our own little glitches to contend with ha!!

Very frustrating, last time I do an update!!!
    Are you on Sprint? Verizon Jelly Bean official update is not here yet. Like others in this thread have noted I can't wait for Jelly Bean and wouldn't be discouraged and not upgrade. If you can be more specific with the errors you're seeing and how/when they occur maybe people here can help further.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

It has to be a troll, there is no way this could be real.

If it is, there are ways to prevent the OTA, look into them
    MERCDROID likes this.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Running the leaked JB update for a few days now.. I think everyone will be very pleased with it.
    Thanked by 2:
    leroybrute and Ross Mathis like this.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Default I hope Jellybean does not come to the S3

Quote Originally Posted by WhoolioPreludee View Post
    I really hope Jellybean misses the Gs3, Jellybean sucks. Had the Gnex and it was always a crap device but after Jellybean nothing but forcecloses, flash player files would not play correctly even when the newest apk was installed and decreased battery life on an already horrible battery. Only benefit is project butter, but the cons outweigh the benefits. Same story with my Xoom, better battery life and experience with Honeycomb than ICS or JB. On the S3 ICS works great so, don't mess with it Samsung, wait for Keylime and see if enough bug have been ironed out
    Then don't upgrade when the notification comes through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

My body and phone is ready for the upgrade.

The amazing galaxy s3

Then don't upgrade when the notification comes through.
    Would not taking the update affect future updates that would come out?

Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Just installed JB (Bell Mobility leaked version) without root on my SGS3. It's not bad so far. Couple little glitches with voice output and GPS, but fixed already. Notifications are great. Haven't messed around with Google Now enough to make any comment.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel

did you do a factory reset on your phone then?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast