S3 battery drain after last update

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one with this ongoing issue? I used to be amazed at how long (for me 10 hours of practical use) my S3 would last and I'd only have to charge it once in the middle of the day to ensure I could get through dinner or later with it. After the update, it is really horrible, not quite as bad as my GNex but I just can't figure out what to do. I don't see why I would have to change settings that are the same? I looked at developer section and CPU usage to see if that "daemon" issue was on top of processes and nothing. Has anyone experienced the same or could my battery be showing signs of needing a replacement this early. Still love the phone and battery issue is turning into a drag. Any new thoughts of findings since last update. I'm actually thinking of the Galaxy note 2 now..

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed my battery draining faster now also. Since the last update. I'm a light to moderate user, so still will last me through the day. I was going to post something also about this. Interested to see how many others having this since update.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to bump this again. I disabled the backup assistant when I first got the phone, so no problem there. Today my phone was almost dead at 9pm from being turned on at 10:30 am. I use to go the whole day and be left with 50-60%, unless excessive use playing games or going online. I only had 3-4 calls today, one was about a half hour and the rest not that long. Other than a couple of texts, that's it. This all started after the last update, which I didn't want to do, but it kept bringing up the box to ask if I want to load it or update later. After awhile it just became a pain, so I uploaded it. I really love this phone, but starting to get aggravated by the update draining the battery more. Are there any other members having this problem since the last update?

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Mine is still the same. I've gone through "running programs", deleted any apps which might be culprits, but overall battery performance remains lousy since update.

Kaedibyrd

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here - I have an extended battery, and all of a sudden, it's draining like the regular battery used to. Phone feels hot, too - warm even when I haven't been using it. I've disabled everything I can safely disable, with no improvement.

bpvt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, im facing the same issue here. Any help to solve this issue?
Im thinking to reset the phone to factory setting, would it help?

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
One thing I did that made a huge difference in my battery was disable all the crapware I don't use. All the Google stuff like magazines and books, the location services that are always hitting your GPS, anything that is doing stuff in the background I don't want or need. I went from a half day before getting nervous to all day. Turning on power save didn't make a lot of difference. But disabling sure did.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Any time this happened with me I always did a factory reset and it solved it. You might consider backing some things up and just start clean. Also install apps one by one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I still have great battery life. With my normal use, I get a bit over a hour of on screen time with 25% of my battery. Thats usually with a good amount of standby time too. Right now my screen time is 1hr 14min and its been off the charger for 8hr 20min. Im at 70%

omeral

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
The factory reset fixed but a couple days later it's back to the same issue, android os and system manager application are on top of the battery using apps, before the jelly bean update I used to get at least a day and a half on 4G now I hardly make it through the day

SlayerUT

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I found a fix for System Application Manager eating up the Battery.
Go to Menu - Backup and Reset - Collect Diagnostics - Uncheck Allow Diagnostics.
I have a T-Mobile Galaxy S3 and this fixed the problem for me.
Try it and hopefully this works for you.

Al Bakoyki

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Where do you find the backup and reset area? Or even the menu button? My battery is losing life ridiculously. I've only had it 2 weeks. My friend got the same one at the same time and she isn't experiencing this. Arggh.

David_J457

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
It's the new year and I have 2 S3s in the family. Both just had the OS update and both phones now burn up a fully charged battery in a few hours with no real use. Our phones used to last most of the day with normal use. I personally had a scary issue with this new OS update. I was charging the phone and taking a nap. I keep the phone next to me so I can hear it if I am sleeping. Well, it was halfway under my pillow when I touched it and it woke me up becuase it was hotter than a frying pan. It had a warning on the screen that it was overheating,,,,,Duhhh! I've been charging the phone this way since I owned it and now I'm afraid to take a nap while it's charging. So that stinks. When I wake up the phone is always dead. No alarm to wake me,,,,nothing. I hope Samsung looks into this or I'm done with Samsung. Reminds me of when the laptop battery's would cause fires. Please help if anyone has ideas.

Poohbear

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Haven't checked the forum since the JellyBean update, but I have also been getting crappy battery life. I thought I might have been one of my apps, so I started deleting anything that I thought might be the culprit. No changes and battery is still dying very quick. Not sure if its just me, but the phone also seems to take longer to charge.

WAWood8

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Me, too. Prior to JB, charging used to be around 1% a minute, meaning, if my phone was around 85%, it would charge back up to 100% in around 15 minutes.

NOW -- it is SEVERAL minutes for each %! I've had it a 88% and a half hour later, it is only at 94%!

And, the battery drains a LOT faster now.

Another person I know is experiencing the same problems since the JB update.

klnation

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
After my phone updated this last time about 1 week ago, my battery is literally draining about every 4 hours. I have tried disabling several different things and have been unsuccessful in preventing this from happening. It is very frustrating as now I have to literally have my phone plugged in constantly at work and at home.

klnation

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
mine is definitely taking longer to charge as well and rarily reaches full charge. As soon as I unplug it starts to drain rapidly

Kyprain

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I am also having problems with battery draining.
Did anyone find a solution to the problem yet? Is this only on a few phones or the other people are not complaining.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12