1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Keyboard not working after unlock

When i receive a text and unlock my phone (stock keyboard or swype beta) i go to type and i see the key presses but no words show up in text box....

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Default Re: Keyboard not working after unlock

Do you have any idea what has caused this or how to fix it? I am having a similar (but not identical) problem on my Droid Razr Maxx. My issue is that the keyboard just stops working seemingly randomly. The keyboard pops up and the keys respond to the touches (i.e., key changes color and enlarged briefly, or whatever the relevant indicator is on whatever keyboard I'm using) (it does not matter whether I'm using swifykey, swype, or something else) but (a) no text appears in the input boxes, and (b) no word predictions pop up.

This has been happening since 11/16. Doesn't matter what app I'm trying to type into--though I've noticed that sometimes I can bring the keyboard back to life by opening Facebook and trying to type in there. I assumed that meant that Facebook was the problem, but the Facebook app hadn't been updated for awhile when this started happening, and uninstalling Facebook didn't fix the problem. (I also tried rolling back or uninstalling anything else that had been installed or updated recently, so far as I could tell, but that didn't help either.)

The only other clue I have about this is that the keyboard issues have been coupled with severe battery drains. My battery used to drain about half way on a normal full day's use (15-18 hours or so). Since this issue started my batter drains fully before the workday is over (10 hours, max).