Interesting and idiotic conversation with vzw sales regarding Galaxy Note 2

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I figured all you Verizon fanboys had Verizon tramp stamp tattoos! I thought you would love the tramp stamp on your home button? I mean Verizon is so amazing and all! Lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I figured all you Verizon fanboys had Verizon tramp stamp tattoos! I thought you would love the tramp stamp on your home button? I mean Verizon is so amazing and all! Lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I am not prejudice or petty. I have never turned anyone or anything away because of tattoo's. I will for performance though! Ha trolling away huh.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
And this is where there should be demo units of all big name devices in each call center so support reps can actually check out these devices. Support should NOT be untrained reps with ZERO true knowledge of the devices they are supposed to be supporting. In a worst case, let the support rep try to reproduce the problem while on the phone with customers.

Reproducing the problem with the customer with an actual phone of the same model is a level two or three call. A level one rep has a script and access to the company web site and a known problems database.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Man, what kin of tone is that to take with a rep. Did you think you were going to scream at her enough that she would remove the button for you? You are looking at the picture online. You obviously see the home button has the Verizon logo on it so what were you actually trying to accomplish with your chat session?

Also, if that little detail is enough to keep you from purchasing the phone then you have bigger issues to worry about. Sure, it doesn't look great but how does it effect the use of the phone? I would be more concerned about locked bootloaders and terrible future upgrade schedules for all of Verizon phones. If you really want to take a stance against Verizon, just switch carriers and be done with it.

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
This seems like more of a case of the OP not understanding what the online help is for. Its not a place to air your complaints about the design of a certain phone. they are just there to answer general questions regarding how you can upgrade or buy a phone at a retail location. This whole IM conversation was a waste from the start.

Well the OP didn't come to complain, he asked if the phone had the Verizon logo on the home button, which the rep didn't know. Honest question.
But how he approached and followed up with the questions was unnecessary. Since she didn't know, he/she could've just moved on.

The only time I used online help was to ask if they knew when the shared everything plan would come out (back around May or so). CSR said soon, and I just left it as that. If she didn't know or forbidden to release, there's nothing else I can do about it.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I've removed most Verizon logos from my phones with a little acetone and a qtip. Hopefully that will work and not discolor the button, but in the end, I'm not going to hold up buying it just because of that logo.

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I remember seeing a website that sells aftermarket buttons to replace the ugly "verizon" home button somewhere on this website if that helps :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums