Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Default Odd behavior - Mobile Data turning off and becoming non-responsive.

Anyone experience their Mobile Data "magically" turning off and the toggle switch in the pull down notifications becoming non-responsive? I do have the POWER SAVING set to off (and this happens at various levels of remaining battery). I do have Data Usage Limit set but I am nowhere near that threshold... not even close.

This has happened three times without cause and requires a complete power cycle to clear the offense.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Default Re: Odd behavior - Mobile Data turning off and becoming non-responsive.

I have had this problem with my Maxx and I have had to restart my replacement S3 several times just today. Usually I can toggle airplane mode to reset the connections but point remains I shouldn't have to reset my connections.

This has happened so much in the past month I am on the verge of leaving VZW and going to Sprint or AT&T.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

This happened to me a few times. I would just turn it off for a few seconds then turn it back on and it would be fine. It eventually stopped having that problem. Do you have all the updates installed?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Archer - Yeah... same response, reboot, and it's fine. Fully patched according to OTA info. Go figure. Just another "feature."

Happened several times yesterday with all of our phones at home and up to 50 miles away from each other.

I've never had that problem.... But I don't have any data restrictions set... Nor do I ever turn on wifi.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I'm not with Verizon but I have the same problem. It switches off Wifi, Mobile Data AND Sync. I'm new to this phone so may need to reconfigure some settings - so would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks