Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Default Incomplete and duplicate emails with Exchange Activesync

I have an odd issue with Exchange Activesync - it works fine on my iOS devices and my old Droid 3.

The issue is this, many times a day, my emails from my Exchange server would come through incomplete and unformatted. For example, only the first sentance or two will show up, and it will be completely unformatted. I think this happens only with HTML messages so far. I have the email settings on the phone set to download "all" for the message size. I can get the full message if I move it to another folder then move it back. I do not have this problem with my old iOS devices or old Droid 3. As an illustration, the message is supposed to be:

Dear Rlin5741:

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs.

Ipsum Lopsum

Sincerely,

Rlin5741
    and would come through like this:

Dear Rlin5741: The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs. Ipsum
    I.e., incomplete and without the line returns in the right places.

Another issue, that may be related, is that I will see multiple copies of the same email show up in the inbox from time to time. It does not appear to be consistent with when or how that shows up, but it does not happen on my iOS devices or my old Droid 3.

I have removed and re-added my account a couple times, it does not help. Does anyone else see this problem, and have a way to fix it?

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Default Re: Incomplete and duplicate emails with Exchange Activesync

I'm now getting the duplicate emails with Exchange. (both are complete unlike OP's).
    BB Storm
    Droid Inc
    Droid X

SG S3

I had the same issue when I first got the phone. What I learned was if you have email set to "Push" to your phone, it is almost like the phone will get it first before the main exchange gets it. So, the message starts to go to the phone, the server picks it up and the message stops "downloading" to the phone and you are left with half the message.

What I did was set my phone to check the server every 5 minutes, vice push and it has worked ever since no problem.

Give that a shot.

I have my email run through activesync and get pushed to the email app without any of these formatting errors. The main reason to use activesync is to get push capability.

-Suntan