No touch screen to take pic in stock camera app?

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Is the only way to take a pic in the stock camera app to hit the on screen camera button?

There's no way to make it so you can tap anywhere on the screen?

It's annoying having the hit the button.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Is the only way to take a pic in the stock camera app to hit the on screen camera button?

Maybe I'm missing something here but if you have to tap on the screen anyway why is it more difficult to tap a specific spot on the screen?

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

You can use "voice commands": Turn on voice commands and then say "Cheese" or "Smile", or "Snap", I believe other commands work as well.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something here but if you have to tap on the screen anyway why is it more difficult to tap a specific spot on the screen?

Try holding the phone with one hand and the screen facing away from you. Then you'll understand.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Try holding the phone with one hand and the screen facing away from you. Then you'll understand.

Ahhh.... I don't do those pics. Didn't know what you were talking about before. And the voice commands do work as Ricky stated above. It makes my wife laugh every time when I say "cheese" and the shutter snaps... ;)

tony477g

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem, I cant use the front facing camera because there is no flash. I like offroading at night and when its dark you need the flash.

jmaudi0

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
along these same lines...is there a way to get the camera to take a pic when you press either of the volume buttons or even the power/lock screen button?
i liked that ability on the iphone.....

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Use the self timer. 2 seconds, 5 seconds, whatever. Hit the shutter, then turn it around to you. Problem with touching anywhere on the screen is that in many shooting modes, touching the screen will tell the camera where to focus or for face recognition. They really should start putting physical shutter buttons back on these phones like my daughter's free piece of junk LG basic phone has.

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I came from note 4 and you could touch anywhere on the screen! Made it easier since I have big hands no need to use two hands tap to take pictures is meant for the one handed use!!! It's stupid that the feature is only on the front camera feature is missing on rear!!!

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Voice commands doesn't solve the tap anywhere feature!! I hate talking to phone people sound retarded!!! Question is why did they remove the tap anywhere feature!! It's on selfie camera but been removed on rear camera!

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Wow people the question is how to ? "tap to take pictures" tap anywhere on screen!!! Why reply with a stupid ulternative? Can anywhere explain how to get this feature?????? I dont need to hear the obvious !!!!!! Is there a third party app? Frustrating
Tap anywhere was the best and easiest way to take pictures

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow people the question is how to ? "tap to take pictures" tap anywhere on screen!!! Why reply with a stupid ulternative? Can anywhere explain how to get this feature?????? I dont need to hear the obvious !!!!!! Is there a third party app? Frustrating
Tap anywhere was the best and easiest way to take pictures

Welcome to Android Central! I realize that you're frustrated, but please keep your responses civil. The discussion in this relatively old thread took a detour because some people were suggesting using voice commands, and clearly others in the thread were also interested in that option.

The unfortunate reality is that if the stock Camera app on your phone doesn't have the ability to take a photo by tapping anywhere on the screen, then you can't add that feature. You'd have to look for a 3rd party camera app that does have that feature. I'm not sure if there's a good one available, but I can look around.

EDIT: Try Camera ZOOM FX.