How many of ya are finna sell your S3 and get the Droid DNA?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
If I can sell my S3 for $4XX and pick up a DNA for $600 I might have to try it

Just like with the Note 2...and EVERY other new phone that comes out in the near future...there will be a percentage of folks who will for one reason or another decide to switch. The vast majority of people with S3's however are not due for an upgrade anytime soon and have had their device for less than 6 months, so I doubt that percentage will be very significant.

I used a be very pro-HTC, and probably would have bought a One X over the S3 if VZW had 'em...but they didn't, and I gotta say, the Samsung is really growing on me. If that choice was put in front of me today (One X vs. S3), I'd take the S3 every time.

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
man the S3 is by far the best phone I've had and I'm COMPLETELY satisfied...lol and I haven't even rooted OR got Jellybean yet...are you kidding me..HELL TO THE NAW!:)

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I think the DNA looks amazing, but if I were to switch out now Id try a Note 2 instead.

The 5 inch DNA isn't that much bigger that the 4.7 S3; But the 5.5 N2 is a change worth swapping for.

Also the lack of expandable memory on the DNA is a bit of a bummer.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I came on the forums just now to create my own post on this subject.... But you beat me to it... Lol
With that said..
I am M.Polo and I am a recovering phone junky..... (claps, claps,..."Hello M.Polo") lol
HTC was my favorite drink (phone manufacturer)
I do somehow want to get my hands on the DNA.. But I've found a comfortable spot in the GS3 and I've vowed to keep it until the GS4.. And the DNA isn't worth me going backwards.. I've been clean for almost 6months now since I've purchased the GS3... Now I do own a GNEX and if I could some how get rid of that to get my hands on a DNA for a reasonable price... Hmmm...

Sent from my GS3....

D850

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
HELL NO!! I will not be even looking at that htc junk! Htc always seems to put too small of a battery in there phones and no expandable memory on this one come on! I went through 5 HTC Rezounds every two months i was getting a warranty replacement or I would get the replacement and would have to send it right back because it was screwed up. I got the Galaxy S3 as a alternate warranty replacement 3 months ago and I am loving it!! Great battery life and reliability! HTC's reliability sucks and so does their battery life. NO MORE HTC FOR ME NOT EVER!!!!!!

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
HELL NO!! I will not be even looking at that htc junk! Htc always seems to put too small of a battery in there phones and no expandable memory on this one come on! I went through 5 HTC Rezounds every two months i was getting a warranty replacement or I would get the replacement and would have to send it right back because it was screwed up. I got the Galaxy S3 as a alternate warranty replacement 3 months ago and I am loving it!! Great battery life and reliability! HTC's reliability sucks and so does their battery life. NO MORE HTC FOR ME NOT EVER!!!!!!

I'd love to just say your right but you're not.... The Rezound may have been a bad experience for you but believe me when I say HTC deserves a lot of respect... They have been down in the dump for a bit... Yes... And Samsung has taken full advantage and managed to grab me a once Samsung hater in the process... But the major reason HTC has been out of the loop is due to financial fear of apple because they don't have Samsung money.... Now that they have reached a deal with apple HTC is gonna be back... With vengeance... The one issue I still have with them is... I just get tired of their random phones... DNA, HOX, Evo, Incredible.. So on... All top tier phones... HTC gives me one flagship like Samsung does with GS3 and ill give another shot... I know this convo has been had but it's just where I stand with em.. The Rezound was DOA.. Clunky and just looked old... They put that out for Verizon I'm sure.. This DNA is another beast trust me..

Sent from my GS3....

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Because I like shiny new toys and HTC I was gonna, but all the same idiot things are in the dna that are in the n4, that's a deal breaker. Another is I am going to sprint.... But I was drooling over the dna when I still had my rezound

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
What can you use that beautiful screen for if you can't plug in your audio/video player "sd-card". 11gb usable memory??? At least you won't need the extra battery it should have for games, music, videos etc.

Sorry, just not seeing it... But I am seeing a Note II in my hands as soon as Big Red says I can.

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I thought about it purely for the ImageSense chip in the DNA but in the end I'm going to stick the S3 out. I think the community will remain strong here for the life of the phone and will continue to see some sort of updates. I've been burned twice with HTC (Eris and Inc2) so it's hard to want to go back but I do like their hardware more.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I did some time with the thunderbolt.....i'm still a little gun shy of htc. besides i love my s3 and have the note 2 on preorder so.......................................................................

Reciprocal

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I really just don't like Sense. also, I'm sure the DNA is a great phone, but I already lose a lot of battery on the S3 watching videos and movies at work, I can only imagine the drain on battery life would be worse with a 1080p screen.

Spaky223

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I did some time with the thunderbolt.....i'm still a little gun shy of htc. besides i love my s3 and have the note 2 on preorder so.......................................................................

Me to. I went through 4 Thunderbolts and I am a month away from my upgrade. I called Verizon and asked them if they want to send me a fifth one or let me upgrade. I should get my S3 Friday.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
DNA will have terrible battery life I can almost guarantee I wouldn't switch

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

buggerritt

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Deal breakers are no removable battery and no sd slot. It's ridiculous that they would build any top tier phone without these things. Spare batteries with a wall charger saves so much time. You shouldn't have to have your phone plugged into a charger, waiting for it to get juice and having a 64GB micro sd plus 16GB internal is priceless. The quad core and resolution don't make up for that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
DNA will have terrible battery life I can almost guarantee I wouldn't switch

I would imagine at the very best battery life would be almost the same as the nexus 4 but probably worse. Same hardware but bigger screen + smaller battery= no juice. On Phil's review of the n4 he said anywhere from 3-5 screen on time with the nexus. Which is about average for me over my past couple android phones maybe a little bit better. Usually get about 2.5-3hrs on 3g and upwards of 4 hours on wifi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I would imagine at the very best battery life would be almost the same as the nexus 4 but probably worse. Same hardware but bigger screen + smaller battery= no juice. On Phil's review of the n4 he said anywhere from 3-5 screen on time with the nexus. Which is about average for me over my past couple android phones maybe a little bit better. Usually get about 2.5-3hrs on 3g and upwards of 4 hours on wifi.

Battery life on the DNA should not be comparable to the N4. The N4 does not have LTE which uses more battery and is the reason why Google is not putting out an LTE N4. Also the DNA is pushing a larger screen with more pixels.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Battery life on the DNA should not be comparable to the N4. The N4 does not have LTE which uses more battery and is the reason why Google is not putting out an LTE N4. Also the DNA is pushing a larger screen with more pixels.

Did u not read what I wrote? Both have the same hardware and comparable battery 2100vs2020 and comparable screen size 4.7vs5 so I would think they would be somewhat similar for battery with the new being slightly better. That's also talking if u had 4g lte turned off. Its probably the closes comparison to make or that to the optimus G would probably be better

roaztb33f

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
HTC is going to need to do a little more to get me back on their team. Just saying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie