Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How many of ya are finna sell your S3 and get the Droid DNA?

If I can sell my S3 for $4XX and pick up a DNA for $600 I might have to try it

Default Re: How many of ya are finna sell your S3 and get the Droid DNA?

Quote Originally Posted by blueyzfr6 View Post
    If I can sell my S3 for $4XX and pick up a DNA for $600 I might have to try it
    Just like with the Note 2...and EVERY other new phone that comes out in the near future...there will be a percentage of folks who will for one reason or another decide to switch. The vast majority of people with S3's however are not due for an upgrade anytime soon and have had their device for less than 6 months, so I doubt that percentage will be very significant.

I used a be very pro-HTC, and probably would have bought a One X over the S3 if VZW had 'em...but they didn't, and I gotta say, the Samsung is really growing on me. If that choice was put in front of me today (One X vs. S3), I'd take the S3 every time.
    neiljay6 likes this.

man the S3 is by far the best phone I've had and I'm COMPLETELY satisfied...lol and I haven't even rooted OR got Jellybean yet...are you kidding me..HELL TO THE NAW!
    SUCCESS IS MY ONLY OPTION...FAILURE IS NOT !!
    Thanked by 5:
    Bond32, Harlemknight and hossman12 like this.

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM 4.0

I think the DNA looks amazing, but if I were to switch out now Id try a Note 2 instead.

The 5 inch DNA isn't that much bigger that the 4.7 S3; But the 5.5 N2 is a change worth swapping for.

Also the lack of expandable memory on the DNA is a bit of a bummer.
    drmaf894c and neiljay6 like this.

I came on the forums just now to create my own post on this subject.... But you beat me to it... Lol
    With that said..
    I am M.Polo and I am a recovering phone junky..... (claps, claps,..."Hello M.Polo") lol
    HTC was my favorite drink (phone manufacturer)
    I do somehow want to get my hands on the DNA.. But I've found a comfortable spot in the GS3 and I've vowed to keep it until the GS4.. And the DNA isn't worth me going backwards.. I've been clean for almost 6months now since I've purchased the GS3... Now I do own a GNEX and if I could some how get rid of that to get my hands on a DNA for a reasonable price... Hmmm...

Sent from my GS3....
    Thanked by:

HELL NO!! I will not be even looking at that htc junk! Htc always seems to put too small of a battery in there phones and no expandable memory on this one come on! I went through 5 HTC Rezounds every two months i was getting a warranty replacement or I would get the replacement and would have to send it right back because it was screwed up. I got the Galaxy S3 as a alternate warranty replacement 3 months ago and I am loving it!! Great battery life and reliability! HTC's reliability sucks and so does their battery life. NO MORE HTC FOR ME NOT EVER!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by D850 View Post
    HELL NO!! I will not be even looking at that htc junk! Htc always seems to put too small of a battery in there phones and no expandable memory on this one come on! I went through 5 HTC Rezounds every two months i was getting a warranty replacement or I would get the replacement and would have to send it right back because it was screwed up. I got the Galaxy S3 as a alternate warranty replacement 3 months ago and I am loving it!! Great battery life and reliability! HTC's reliability sucks and so does their battery life. NO MORE HTC FOR ME NOT EVER!!!!!!
    I'd love to just say your right but you're not.... The Rezound may have been a bad experience for you but believe me when I say HTC deserves a lot of respect... They have been down in the dump for a bit... Yes... And Samsung has taken full advantage and managed to grab me a once Samsung hater in the process... But the major reason HTC has been out of the loop is due to financial fear of apple because they don't have Samsung money.... Now that they have reached a deal with apple HTC is gonna be back... With vengeance... The one issue I still have with them is... I just get tired of their random phones... DNA, HOX, Evo, Incredible.. So on... All top tier phones... HTC gives me one flagship like Samsung does with GS3 and ill give another shot... I know this convo has been had but it's just where I stand with em.. The Rezound was DOA.. Clunky and just looked old... They put that out for Verizon I'm sure.. This DNA is another beast trust me..

Sent from my GS3....
    Thanked by:

But I agree it's still not worth jumping ship on the GS3

Sent from my GS3....
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Because I like shiny new toys and HTC I was gonna, but all the same ***** things are in the dna that are in the n4, that's a deal breaker. Another is I am going to sprint.... But I was drooling over the dna when I still had my rezound

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

What can you use that beautiful screen for if you can't plug in your audio/video player "sd-card". 11gb usable memory??? At least you won't need the extra battery it should have for games, music, videos etc.

Sorry, just not seeing it... But I am seeing a Note II in my hands as soon as Big Red says I can.

ROM
    CleanROM

I thought about it purely for the ImageSense chip in the DNA but in the end I'm going to stick the S3 out. I think the community will remain strong here for the life of the phone and will continue to see some sort of updates. I've been burned twice with HTC (Eris and Inc2) so it's hard to want to go back but I do like their hardware more.
    quay69 and neiljay6 like this.

I did some time with the thunderbolt.....i'm still a little gun shy of htc. besides i love my s3 and have the note 2 on preorder so.......................................................................

I really just don't like Sense. also, I'm sure the DNA is a great phone, but I already lose a lot of battery on the S3 watching videos and movies at work, I can only imagine the drain on battery life would be worse with a 1080p screen.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    I did some time with the thunderbolt.....i'm still a little gun shy of htc. besides i love my s3 and have the note 2 on preorder so.......................................................................
    Me to. I went through 4 Thunderbolts and I am a month away from my upgrade. I called Verizon and asked them if they want to send me a fifth one or let me upgrade. I should get my S3 Friday.

ROM
    CM10 M1

DNA will have terrible battery life I can almost guarantee I wouldn't switch

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Deal breakers are no removable battery and no sd slot. It's ridiculous that they would build any top tier phone without these things. Spare batteries with a wall charger saves so much time. You shouldn't have to have your phone plugged into a charger, waiting for it to get juice and having a 64GB micro sd plus 16GB internal is priceless. The quad core and resolution don't make up for that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    neiljay6 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jlibis View Post
    DNA will have terrible battery life I can almost guarantee I wouldn't switch

I would imagine at the very best battery life would be almost the same as the nexus 4 but probably worse. Same hardware but bigger screen + smaller battery= no juice. On Phil's review of the n4 he said anywhere from 3-5 screen on time with the nexus. Which is about average for me over my past couple android phones maybe a little bit better. Usually get about 2.5-3hrs on 3g and upwards of 4 hours on wifi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    I would imagine at the very best battery life would be almost the same as the nexus 4 but probably worse. Same hardware but bigger screen + smaller battery= no juice. On Phil's review of the n4 he said anywhere from 3-5 screen on time with the nexus. Which is about average for me over my past couple android phones maybe a little bit better. Usually get about 2.5-3hrs on 3g and upwards of 4 hours on wifi.

Battery life on the DNA should not be comparable to the N4. The N4 does not have LTE which uses more battery and is the reason why Google is not putting out an LTE N4. Also the DNA is pushing a larger screen with more pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post
    Battery life on the DNA should not be comparable to the N4. The N4 does not have LTE which uses more battery and is the reason why Google is not putting out an LTE N4. Also the DNA is pushing a larger screen with more pixels.
    Did u not read what I wrote? Both have the same hardware and comparable battery 2100vs2020 and comparable screen size 4.7vs5 so I would think they would be somewhat similar for battery with the new being slightly better. That's also talking if u had 4g lte turned off. Its probably the closes comparison to make or that to the optimus G would probably be better

HTC is going to need to do a little more to get me back on their team. Just saying.

Global Posts
    2,760 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by buggerritt View Post
    Deal breakers are no removable battery and no sd slot. It's ridiculous that they would build any top tier phone without these things. Spare batteries with a wall charger saves so much time. You shouldn't have to have your phone plugged into a charger, waiting for it to get juice and having a 64GB micro sd plus 16GB internal is priceless. The quad core and resolution don't make up for that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Same here. After my wife had the Galaxy Nexus with no sd slot, I will never do that again. Battery and SDcard are just essential in my opinion. I have nothing against HTC, as the Droid Inc was my first Android phone and loved it. The Thunderbolt was junk but still an exciting phone to have when it first came out. Problem is that my GS3 has quickly become the first phone I've owned and not grown entirely bored of it after a month. If I do upgrade any time soon, it will be the Note 2. I'm on the Samsung bandwagon. Wife just got GS3, our TVs and blue rays are all Samsung Smart devices, I have a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (which isn't great, but suitable for my needs).

I'll switch as soon as the Samsung Galaxy S4 comes out. Period.

Global Posts
    702 Global Posts

oh the tragedy of the DNA. they should fire the guy that decided "hey, let's just put a 2050mah battery on it cause that'll be enough." such an awesome hardware with not enough power to put it to good use. very sad. still getting my s3 in a few weeks.
    Motorola Droid Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by ulnek View Post
    oh the tragedy of the DNA. they should fire the guy that decided "hey, let's just put a 2050mah battery on it cause that'll be enough." such an awesome hardware with not enough power to put it to good use. very sad. still getting my s3 in a few weeks.
    Ya if moto can make the maxx under 10mm thick with a 3300mah battery then other phone makers should follow suite. No reason these phones shouldn't be coming with 2500mah+. I bet I could go from full to 10% on the maxx from the time I wake up about 1pm till the time I get home about 2am.

No. No SD card. No removable battery. No thanks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast