Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Voice Question - Incoming Calls

I have a question concerning incoming calls forwarded to my S3 from my Google Voice number. Incoming Google Voice calls will display the caller's phone number for caller ID.

1. That said....Will I get charged minutes for incoming mobile-to-mobile calls using the native "Samsung" dialer?

2. Also, will the person calling my GV number from their verizon cell phone get charged minutes for calls answered on the native dialer?

For outgoing calls I'm using Groove IP so I don't get charged minutes. It's a little tedious as I have to remember not to use it when calling a Verizon mobile phone.
    Last edited by Wnrgway; 11-13-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Default Re: Google Voice Question - Incoming Calls

Quote Originally Posted by Wnrgway View Post
    I have a question concerning incoming calls forwarded to my S3 from my Google Voice number. Incoming Google Voice calls will display the caller's phone number for caller ID.

1. That said....Will I get charged minutes for incoming mobile-to-mobile calls using the native "Samsung" dialer?

2. Also, will the person calling my GV number from their verizon cell phone get charged minutes for calls answered on the native dialer?

For outgoing calls I'm using Groove IP so I don't get charged minutes. It's a little tedious as I have to remember not to use it when calling a Verizon mobile phone.
    1. I believe so, yes.

2. See #1.

I have GV and love it, use it for VM and it is the primary number I give to business contacts and such, but my friends and family all have my direct number to call/text me on.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks...

The reason I ask is that I've read that if you have the caller ID set up to display the caller's mobile number and you receive a verizon mobile-to-mobile call you won't get charged minutes.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

I tried that back when I had limited minutes on my plan and it worked. Now I have unlimited minutes and changed it to say the caller's ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Wnrgway View Post
    Thanks...

The reason I ask is that I've read that if you have the caller ID set up to display the caller's mobile number and you receive a verizon mobile-to-mobile call you won't get charged minutes.
    Maybe I'm wrong then...?

My understanding is that mobile to mobile Verizon calls need to be part of your calling plan. Not sure if that feature is on all plans. I telecommute so I have my office number forwarded to my Google Voice number which then forwards to my cell. By turning off caller id all numbers coming in from my office number show up with the same number. I've added that number to my Friends and Family so all these calls are free.