Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By droid83
  • 1 Post By ansextra
  • 1 Post By kjjb0204
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    927 Global Posts

Default Tmobile is now pushing out JB

Really??? Really?? Tmobile before Verizon???? Ugh.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 on Verizon 12G

Default Re: Tmobile is now pushing out JB

yea i dont get it myself, the #1 phone out there now and its like the last to get it. you would think its the first

Once again, Verizon is boning us!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

T mobile just getting it?

Sprint, then t mobile, does gayT&T have it yet?

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Just wait, jesus...
    It's not like its the end of the world or anything..... or is it

Quote Originally Posted by mgloss View Post
    Once again, Verizon is boning us!

You like it, don't lie...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    927 Global Posts

It's the point that this phone is the number one phone in the world at the moment. Also that JB has been around for how long and we still haven't seen it. When we finally get it other devices will be getting 5.0 or something.

It is sad that Verizon is lagging behind.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DT81 View Post
    It's the point that this phone is the number one phone in the world at the moment. Also that JB has been around for how long and we still haven't seen it. When we finally get it other devices will be getting 5.0 or something.

It's the point that there's always going to be something newer, no matter what. Once everyone gets JB, everyone will be b***hing and whining for the next version.
    It's an endless cycle.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    927 Global Posts

True.

Quote Originally Posted by Eion View Post
    It is sad that Verizon is lagging behind.
    Verizon always lags behind so nothing new here. Not even a "Nexus" is safe with them.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

att Does not have it either. So its now between Verizon and att! Lets see who gets it last.

For me I'm not to worried about. However its said that att MIGHT be getting it this week. But I will believe it when I see it. In any case both Verizon and att are both due for the push any day now.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    My Blog: C2JBlog.com

T-Mobile is the second US carrier to deploy Jelly Bean for its Galaxy S3 handset, following Sprints roll out of the OS update last month. Remaining carriers, such as Verizon, are expected to introduce Jelly Bean for Samsung's GS3 over the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    att Does not have it either. So its now between Verizon and att! Lets see who gets it last.

For me I'm not to worried about. However its said that att MIGHT be getting it this week. But I will believe it when I see it. In any case both Verizon and att are both due for the push any day now.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 users in the U.S. will be happy to know that AT&T could possibly push out the Jelly Bean update soon. Reports indicate that carrier AT&T is slated to roll out the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S3 sometime this week.

According to a PopHerald report, on Nov. 7, an anonymous tipster told the Web site that AT&T subscribers could soon receive the much-awaited update from Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.

"We've just received an anonymous tip that the Android 4.1.2 Jellybean for AT&T's version of the Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone will be arriving next week, if this news is indeed true, users of the country's second largest mobile service provider will have something worth 'thanking for' by the end of this month," reported PopHerald.

Read more at AT&T To Roll Out Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean Update This Week? | Mobile & Apps

Personally I'd be very happy waiting until 4.2 can get rolled out. I have that on my Nexus 7 and it's really nice.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

The good thing about getting the update later is all of the bugs found in apps through the update will (should) be fixed by the time we get it.

I've been using 4.1.2 on CM10. not really wanting to go back to TouchWiz at this point. I love the feel of stock android so much more than Samsung's oversized UI.

Now I'm just waiting for CM 10.1 to drop so I can check out all the Android 4.2 changes.

VZ bringing up the rear as usual. VZ is like Florida on election day (Absent)
    dt81 likes this.

Verizon is supposed to be the best of the 4 top companies and they are one of the most expensive so I don't understand why they are not the first to get it

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lbkiml View Post
    It's the point that there's always going to be something newer, no matter what. Once everyone gets JB, everyone will be b***hing and whining for the next version.
    It's an endless cycle.
    So true...I've seen this same thread so many times now. I'm surprised that people are still surprised that they are waiting on Verizon for an update.

Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    Personally I'd be very happy waiting until 4.2 can get rolled out. I have that on my Nexus 7 and it's really nice.
    I would be shocked if the Verizon S3 ever receives 4.2 officially in it's lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post
    I would be shocked if the Verizon S3 ever receives 4.2 officially in it's lifetime.
    I wouldn't be. Incremental upgrades aren't major by definition.
    leroybrute likes this.

I could actually see the T-Mobile variety getting it first. Theirs are likely more in line with the International model of things whereas Verizon has to "bloat" it all up prior to pushing it out.

Even with that, I have Sprint friend with a GS3 who has yet to actually see his update. Even manually checking proves no dice.

Global Posts
    2,819 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

Have you even read the Sprint JB thread? Too many bugs to mention, so I'm perfectly happy sitting here with my "ancient" ICS gs3. I'd rather Verizon take the time to test as much as they want. My GS3 runs so well now, the only real thing I'm looking forward to in JB is the buttery-ness of the screen transitions. That's it. I used to be so anxious waiting for the latest updates or devices, but now that I've found pure smartphone bliss in my GS3, I just don't even pay attention to other announcements like the DNA or whatever else is coming up. Don't care, I have exactly what I want. People will complain how long it takes verizon to release updates, then when they are released and there is a bug, people say they should have taken their time and tested more. Can't make everyone happy.
    Murphy5111 likes this.