1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ICS domination ROM to galaxy s3

Does anyone know if I can get this ICS domination ROM on my gs3? I know I have to be rooted, which I will figure out how to do, but most links are only for sprint and at&t gs3's.

I don't really know much about rooting, but I want the ICS theme to take over touchwiz so any help is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: ICS domination ROM to galaxy s3

We have a section of the forum for this exact thing

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ng-roms-hacks/

They have a complete guide from start to finish on getting Rooted, Unlocking the bootloader, and installing the ROM.

there are ROMs there that will give you the pure Android experience with ZERO TouchWiz, and also some hybrid designs that put more stock android into touchwiz and take away some the Nature UX style.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Great thanks! I just successfully rooted, now looking into flashing the CM10 rom. Any instructions I need to know specifically about? Correct me if I am wrong but I need to download easy unlock and make sure my bootloader is unlocked to flash the rom, right??

Also, now that I am rooted if a software update were to come up for jellybean, would running the update unroot my phone?

Yes. once you do that and also get a custom recovery on there (clockworkmod app in the market) you will be set to boot into recovery and install the ROM. more in-depth instructions about that are right here: [Guide] Root/Unroot/Recovery/Unlock Bootloader for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i535)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks so much. ROM was successfully flashed and its amazing!

I just need a little more insight from you. Now that I am rooted and have the cm10 ROM, what happens when the stock jellybean update comes available on my phone?

Any future update will unroot my device right? Say a new android os rolls out in two years from now, I will have to flash that ROM for it instead of running the stock update right?

The best thing to do is wait for the devs to release their own version of the updates. They already have some leaked versions of the new Verizon update that hasn't even been released, so if you want to see what the update is like, you can try it.

If you want to get the default ROM back on the phone, ODIN is the way to do that. its also in the modding section and is actually one of the easiest things to do. you just run the program, put your phone in download mode (should be in the reboot options when you hold down the power button) and just run it. That will put your phone back to factory default software on the off chance that you need to take the phone back for some issue, or you want to get an update from Verizon instead of from the devs.

ROM
    CM10 M1

Quote Originally Posted by popkurn611 View Post
    Thanks so much. ROM was successfully flashed and its amazing!

I just need a little more insight from you. Now that I am rooted and have the cm10 ROM, what happens when the stock jellybean update comes available on my phone?

Any future update will unroot my device right? Say a new android os rolls out in two years from now, I will have to flash that ROM for it instead of running the stock update right?

If you are unlocked and running CM10 I'm almost positive the update won't even reach you

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks guys.

I just encountered a major issue. All of a sudden none of my messaging apps are working. I go to open them and they say unfortunately messaging has stopped. I deleted the stock messaging app from titanium and now don't know how to get it back. I need help!

I actually had the same issue with Google Voice. I ended up backing up my other apps with Titanium and wiping the phone, then putting the other apps back on. that cleared up the issue.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

can I do this and then wipe it with clockworkmod? Not sure how to go about wiping it. Also, now I wont get the messaging app back.

Sorry. i zoned out while typing that. after you backup the apps, reboot into recovery, wipe data/cache, wipe dalvik cache in Advanced. then reinstall CM10 and GApps.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

okay, and I dont have to re-activate the unlock method with ez unlock right? My phone is permanantly unlocked right?

correct. Unlocking and rooting is only done once unless you intentionally Lock and Unroot later. re-installing ROMs or wiping the data don't change that.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

It worked! You are a lifesaver...really appreciate all of your help.

No probs.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Any idea how to get Google now to launch? As of now my option is on the lock screen. I want to access it by double tapping the home button but can't find the setting for it