Suggestions on if I should get the 16GB or 32GB S3? Looking for feedback

CFD323

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking to switch from a Galaxy Nexus to an S3. My Nexus is 32GB and I was looking to get the same thing in the S3, but Verizon has made the 32GB version "order-only" so I can't get it til next week. They do stock the 16GB versions. I was just wondering if it's worth the wait to order the 32GB version or if the 16GB is plenty? I know there's an SD card slot so I can bump up my memory there but just curious how those that have this phone already felt about 16GB vs 32GB?

Thanks

kicks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I was originally going to buy the 16GB version until I read that you can't move apps to an external SD card. Once I found that out, I had to go with the 32GB one. If you do a lot of apps wait for the 32GB one to arrive.

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I went with the 32 gb version and haven't regretted it for a second. You should be able to move apps to the external sd card I don't know why you couldn't. But having the space for pics and hd videos has been nice. I have all my old pics and videos from my older phones and whole bunch of new ones too and a bunch of apps, and music and I don't have more than 6 gigs full.

You could add a 64gb micro sd card to the 16gb version and be fine. But I thought for 50 bucks it was worth it to double my storage space.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I was going to get the 32GB but they were out of them in blue and I have no patience so I went with 16GB. Using a 32GB SD card as well. 16GB internal is more than enough if you keep your pictures, music and whatever on the SD card. It would take a TON of apps to fill 16gb of space.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have 16 and have about 6 left. Need for Speed takes up about 2 alone. I would get the 32. You can't move apps to the sd card. If you don't play many games and aren't going to download big ones than 16 should be fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
i was worried when i got the 16gb....but have a 32gb sd card and have never had even a moments regret.....however it just depends on what kind of apps you are going to load....heavy gaming apps do suck the space, but i've got a ton of everyday sort of apps and games and do not even approach a point where i worry about space. take a look at what you will be putting on it in the way of apps and see what their sizes are, if you already have an android phone check and see how much you are currently using.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca