Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Bye Sprint hello Verizon

So after 20+ years of being a loyal sprint user my family and I are moving to Verizon. And we are all getting GS3's

Default Re: Bye Sprint hello Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by Roustermiller View Post
    So after 20+ years of being a loyal sprint user my family and I are moving to Verizon. And we are all getting GS3's
    Congrats. Early Christmas for the whole family. Great network and nice toys.
    Heck I didn't know sprint had been around that long.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yea had them for a while its time for a change and I think Big Red is the way to go.

VZ has a great network. But you'll have to adjust to not getting your phone updated while other carriers update. Verizon is always late to the party
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

And get used to SHARING your data lol and caps lol

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

I switched to to Verizon from Sprint a few months back after being with them for 15 years. I might look at Sprint again in 5 years when they have their network completed.

Get ready to share that data!

Could get expensive

But great coverage

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Lol I'm never EVER(in my Chris Jericho voice) go to vzw again

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

And the rate sprint is going its going to be before 5 years that nv will get done

Sprint can go to hell. Their network sucks and I got sick of all the lies. The best was having no service in a major towns that I now get four bars of LTE with Verizon. The sprint rep told me that I should be fine since they just upgraded the tower. Funny since I didn't have any signal for the two months leading up to it and for many months after the so-called update. I hate Sprint.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy5111 View Post
    Sprint can go to hell. Their network sucks and I got sick of all the lies. The best was having no service in a major towns that I now get four bars of LTE with Verizon. The sprint rep told me that I should be fine since they just upgraded the tower. Funny since I didn't have any signal for the two months leading up to it and for many months after the so-called update. I hate Sprint.

Your right about that I have no problem with paying extra for a great service. So sprint can kick rocks

Your right about that I have no problem with paying extra for a great service. So sprint can kick rocks
    And don't get me wrong, I tried Sprint for almost a year. It was an expensive proposition on many levels since I lost my unlimited data with Verizon. I can't tell you how many times I couldn't get data services. It was always the same - there's a tower down in your area. I even had trouble getting data in Midtown Manhattan. Glad I am out of that nightmare.

Roustermiller likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Well u are the minority because my data isn't the fastest but its OK and my voice is top notch

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Well u are the minority because my data isn't the fastest but its OK and my voice is top notch

Not according to their huge numbers of churn this last quarter - I have lots of company apparently.

Roustermiller and Ezduzit like this.

I switched from Sprint to Verizon just over a year ago.
    It's not that Sprint lies to you, it's more like they don't tell you the complete truth. After doing some homework (and trying to figure out why my Verizon friends were having better connections) the truth came out. At that time Sprint was touting their 4G and unlimited data. I was promised 4G with the year which never happened. After some reading, it became clear. Sprint was still on the Wimax 4G which more or less fell through. So, to make up for for that bad decision, they decided to move over to 4G LTE which has been painfully slow. I had to ask myself; why am I waiting and waiting for 4G LTE, and what the heck good is unlimited data if you cannot connect? So, when Verizon offered the "double your data offer" I made the switch...got 4gig for the price of 2gig. Truthfully, I have never looked back... good bye Sprint. However, now that Verizon has gone to the "share everything plan, " I can see why some would question leaving their current provider. I still think Verizon is most likely the best provider, but their new plan might be a deal breaker.
    pblakk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NEmickeyfan View Post
    I switched from Sprint to Verizon just over a year ago.
    It's not that Sprint lies to you, it's more like they don't tell you the complete truth. After doing some homework (and trying to figure out why my Verizon friends were having better connections) the truth came out. At that time Sprint was touting their 4G and unlimited data. I was promised 4G with the year which never happened. After some reading, it became clear. Sprint was still on the Wimax 4G which more or less fell through. So, to make up for for that bad decision, they decided to move over to 4G LTE which has been painfully slow. I had to ask myself; why am I waiting and waiting for 4G LTE, and what the heck good is unlimited data if you cannot connect? So, when Verizon offered the "double your data offer" I made the switch...got 4gig for the price of 2gig. Truthfully, I have never looked back... good bye Sprint. However, now that Verizon has gone to the "share everything plan, " I can see why some would question leaving their current provider. I still think Verizon is most likely the best provider, but their new plan might be a deal breaker.
    I just don't know why they couldn't maintain 3g service while they were switching over. I get that sprint uses different frequencies and that they don't penetrate buildings well but there were just way too many places where I couldn't get a data signal or load a Web page. The only thing I will give them is that voice service was always good. Probably because sometimes I would roam on Verizon. But the data was a joke.

Thanked by:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The real reason why I switched is because sprint was going to cancel one of my lines because we roam to much. I payed my bill on time and everything.

I'm a truck driver, and I'm all over the country! I have decent data speeds, no dropped calls about 99% of the time! I love Sprint! Rockin 4g rite now in baltimore!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post
    I'm a truck driver, and I'm all over the country! I have decent data speeds, no dropped calls about 99% of the time! I love Sprint! Rockin 4g rite now in baltimore!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Same here in Chicago bro lol

Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

I was with Sprint for about 14 years. I got tired of dropping calls in a major metro area, having to leave the GF's apartment to go make a phone call or check email. Sprint is a shoddy 3G network. When I can now drive around and not lose your call and you do the math and realize that you can pull more data in 1 day on Verizon than you can in a month with Sprint... the choice is clear.

I was never a hater until I went to cancel with Sprint 3 months before my contract ended because I needed my phone to work in a small town where I travel for work. I went through all the paces in a courteous manner and had 3 different reps tell me that with termination fees, the final bill would be $75. Got the final bill: $165. Called them and disputed it. Due to a lack of proper notetaking on their part, they wouldn't honor their word and they would not go chase down the call recordings, acted like I was lying or trying to scam them. Then they sicked a collection agency on me after only a month. Lousy lying bastards. I hope they go under swiftly. Never felt so wrong paying a bill in my life.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.
    Murphy5111 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by epidenimus View Post
    I was with Sprint for about 14 years. I got tired of dropping calls in a major metro area, having to leave the GF's apartment to go make a phone call or check email. Sprint is a shoddy 3G network. When I can now drive around and not lose your call and you do the math and realize that you can pull more data in 1 day on Verizon than you can in a month with Sprint... the choice is clear.

I was never a hater until I went to cancel with Sprint 3 months before my contract ended because I needed my phone to work in a small town where I travel for work. I went through all the paces in a courteous manner and had 3 different reps tell me that with termination fees, the final bill would be $75. Got the final bill: $165. Called them and disputed it. Due to a lack of proper notetaking on their part, they wouldn't honor their word and they would not go chase down the call recordings, acted like I was lying or trying to scam them. Then they sicked a collection agency on me after only a month. Lousy lying bastards. I hope they go under swiftly. Never felt so wrong paying a bill in my life.
    Guess I am a lucky one, I am going the other way, Verizon to sprint and I have decent lte already in my neighborhood

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Guess I am a lucky one, I am going the other way, Verizon to sprint and I have decent lte already in my neighborhood

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    Well good luck guys

Global Posts
    1,209 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

Darn. You had Sprint Cell service before Sprint had Cell service which started in 1996. It will be 16 years for me in December.
    3348b76f

your going to love verizon and the s3. biggest data hog and your bill will be twice as much as sprint. been there done it. try tmobile instead

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Don't know where you live but here in New York sprint was out way longer you can say my dad was one of the beta testers lol
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast