Autoattendants do not understand the S3 keypad?

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to refill a prescription using the pharmacy automated system It works flawlessly with my Blackberrys and with the Droid Razr. But it misinterpreted most of the key presses from the S3! For instance, 2s are interpreted as 1s, and entries like 300 were interpreted as 1100. I don't get it. Is there some keypad setting I am missing?

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
In the settings menu, under language and input, you can select options next to the samsung keyboard. But I don't see anything there that could caust what you're talking about.

You could try downloading an alternate keyboard from the Play store. SwiftKey 3 is a popular one. It costs money, but there's a free 30 day trial app available.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Swiftkey affects the phones dial pad, does it? That's what is messing up. I was looking at the settings and there is one to extend the DTMF tones. I may try that.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
You saying you're calling an automated service, and using touch-tone to select options?

The tones are very specific, and I've never had trouble using my S3 with touchtone services, nor heard of anyone else complain about this. If I had to guess (and that's definitely all this is, a guess), I'd say it's either and issue with your specific phone, or the service you're calling is on the fritz.

Have you tried calling other automated lines (i.e. your bank or a tech support center) to see if the problem persists?

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
That is correct. I would think that if the DTMF tones were messed up the phone would be completely hosed. But I don't use many services like that. It's possible the service was messed up though.

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd look at it being a possible dirty screen or fouled up screen protector, if you have one installed.

Pushing 2 and the system thinks you're pressing 1 makes me think the key press is off.

With that being said, I think you'd also have issues dialing numbers in general or even using the screen.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2