1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Incredibly dirt stupid question about rooting - can I hose my SIM?

I am completely dependent on my cell for communications. But I want to root it. I do have a Razr Maxx that I can swap the SIM card to if I hose the S3, but I don't know enough about this stuff to know if it's even possible to mess up a SIM card by rooting. So yeah, laugh if you want but am I safe enough doing this? And whats a nice clean ROM to flash? I'm not finding comparisons of what is available.

Default Re: Incredibly dirt stupid question about rooting - can I hose my SIM?

Your son card will be safe.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
    I am completely dependent on my cell for communications. But I want to root it. I do have a Razr Maxx that I can swap the SIM card to if I hose the S3, but I don't know enough about this stuff to know if it's even possible to mess up a SIM card by rooting. So yeah, laugh if you want but am I safe enough doing this? And whats a nice clean ROM to flash? I'm not finding comparisons of what is available.
    Never heard of damaging the SIM card, but once you root you may want to backup your IMEI before you start installing ROMs...

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz RLS13

I've never heard of a SIM being damaged from rooting. As to your question of a nice clean ROM, I highly recommend JellyWiz:

It's based off the latest leaked Verizon ROM and is rock solid.

Never heard of it. Even if you damaged it somehow, verizon would replace it for free

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3