- 1 Posts
Duplicates within contacts
Just got a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 and have come across this problem.
Contacts when viewed in the contacts app have duplicate addresses, birthdays and anniversaries.
Contacts when viewed in the messaging app have duplicate phone numbers.
There are no duplicate contacts.
I am syncing with Gmail contacts which do not have the duplicates on the web view.
Any help would be appreciated.
- 11-23-2012, 11:29 PM #2
Re: Duplicates within contacts
You may have Backup Assistant, or Facebook syncing enabled.
The phone may be showing your contacts from one of the other contact lists as well as your gmail contact list.
There are a number of options under the contact list that are viewable.
Gmail has an option online to merge duplicate contacts if that is the problem.
- By DroidRage79 in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 13Last Post: 01-25-2013, 10:42 AM
- By susja in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-26-2011, 02:47 PM
- By GY58 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 04-17-2011, 07:29 PM
- By bluediablito in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 10Last Post: 01-25-2011, 10:01 AM
- By akarol in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 07-08-2010, 05:13 PM