Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S3 SMS Popup / quick reply problem. PLEASE HELP!

Alright guys, I am desperate and about to take this phone back I'm so frustrated! All I want is the GoSMS popup quick reply bubble to pop up over the lockscreen. I have searched high and low to no avail. I have tried everything I can think of and it will not display unless I am doing something else on my phone.

If I install Handcent and enable popups through the Handcent settings, both popups (Handcent & GoSms) will pop up when I recieve a message, over the lock screen like I want. However, as soon as I uninstall Handcent, GoSMS will stop showing the popup over the lock screen. What is going on?

Can someone please help me out? Thanks
    Thanked by:

Default Re: S3 SMS Popup / quick reply problem. PLEASE HELP!

I think you may be overreacting with this app. Its a app on a spectacular phone. I don't have a lot of experience with the app because I am rooted, and that COMES with a fully functional quick reply. Don't overreact just because of this.

Ported from my AOKP Build 5 Samsung Galaxy S3.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I just want it to work, I won't be taking the phone back over it. That was just an expression of how frustrated I am with it. Someone has to have an answer I would think. I'm sure it's something stupid I am over looking.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Just found that if you use WidgetLocker, which I would like to use the stock lock screen, GoSMS popup works perfect. Guess I will use that for awhile. Hopefully the JB update will fix that issue.

You may want to try Glowfly. Works with the built in SMS program but allows quick reply, individual alert tones for contacts, etc. Works great!

Notify Lite/Pro is a good SMS popup application as well.