how do i cancel verizon

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
i want to sell my s3 and payoff my contract. one verizon store said i couldnt walk into a verizon store and do this i had to call verizon. anyone gone thru the procedure

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
If you're switching carriers then DO NOT cancel, you'll lose the ability to port your number to the new phone. Just go to the new carrier of choice, select phone and tell them to port your number over. That will cause Verizon to close your account and you'll receive a final bill with your balance and early termination fee, if applicable.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
If you're switching carriers then DO NOT cancel, you'll lose the ability to port your number to the new phone. Just go to the new carrier of choice, select phone and tell them to port your number over. That will cause Verizon to close your account and you'll receive a final bill with your balance and early termination fee, if applicable.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Correct. Go to your new provider and sign up submitting a port request through them and this will cancel your Verizon service. Once service is canceled a number ceases to be portable.

Also be aware that if you early terminate the IMEI/MEID of your device will be black listed until you your last bill and ETF so don't try to sell your old phone until then.

Sent from my Motorola Droid RAZR Max HD using the Android Central Forums app.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If possible, before you port change the device on your account if you want to sell it immediately. Verizon will blacklist your IMED until the bill is paid and it even takes a little while afterwards for it to come off. So change the device and then port and you'll be good. Good luck.

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
If possible, before you port change the device on your account if you want to sell it immediately. Verizon will blacklist your IMED until the bill is paid and it even takes a little while afterwards for it to come off. So change the device and then port and you'll be good. Good luck.

That's not true. I bought my S3 on a new line of service then swapped Sims from my Razr then sold it to a friend. He has it active and working. ETF and final bill have yet to arrive here.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk 2.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
That's not true. I bought my S3 on a new line of service then swapped Sims from my Razr then sold it to a friend. He has it active and working. ETF and final bill have yet to arrive here.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk 2.

This isn't the same situation. Talking about someone closing their account. Not buying a phone and swapping. If your account is still active which it seems since you swapped Sims then no harm done. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding but not clear on exactly what your situation is. But I do know that if you cancel and account BEFORE you swap it Verizon will not reactivate the imeid because it's still associated with an account that is pending closure. This is one way phones get bad esn. My suggestion was to help the OP possibly avoid delay in Verizon releasing the esn because it could vary based on the amount due and account history. Everyone situation isn't the same.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol