Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth voice dialing commands?

I've got a Plantronics Pro HD BT... And unlike past phones I've had, I have not been able to figure out how to just press the ear piece once, have the phone respond with a prompt, and then be able to say "dial home" or some such.

I've screwed around with "S Voice" and when I tell it to dial home, instead of DIALING home, it just puts my home number on the screen in the S Voice frame.

The BT totally answers calls and hangs up with no trouble. It connects both to the phone and media.

The ability to use call commands via BT is vital and a deal breaker for me. I'm on the road... a lot... and hands-free phone calling is a mandatory requirement, particularly in Oregon. I find it hard to believe this unit won't do what my gen 1 Droid did with ease.

Am I, likely, missing something here? Is there a setting I've overlooked? Did I fail to drink enough coffee? Is the Pope a Baptist?

Any help would be much appreciated...
    ☆ ★ | ROM | [JellyBean][4.3] BeanStalk Build 4.3.1001 - [04 OCT] |★ ☆

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

Default Re: Bluetooth voice dialing commands?

Quote Originally Posted by Kage87Z View Post
    I've got a Plantronics Pro HD BT... And unlike past phones I've had, I have not been able to figure out how to just press the ear piece once, have the phone respond with a prompt, and then be able to say "dial home" or some such.

I've screwed around with "S Voice" and when I tell it to dial home, instead of DIALING home, it just puts my home number on the screen in the S Voice frame.

The BT totally answers calls and hangs up with no trouble. It connects both to the phone and media.

The ability to use call commands via BT is vital and a deal breaker for me. I'm on the road... a lot... and hands-free phone calling is a mandatory requirement, particularly in Oregon. I find it hard to believe this unit won't do what my gen 1 Droid did with ease.

Am I, likely, missing something here? Is there a setting I've overlooked? Did I fail to drink enough coffee? Is the Pope a Baptist?

Any help would be much appreciated...
    Are you actually saying "dial" home? I say "call" home and it works. So off you are saying "dial", try "call" instead.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Tried both... same result...
    ☆ ★ | ROM | [JellyBean][4.3] BeanStalk Build 4.3.1001 - [04 OCT] |★ ☆

ROM
    EA28 Rooted and Debloated

I have the same problem with the bt head unit in my truck.it's as if the phone won't listen through the bt system. My fascinate did the same thing. I thought Samsung would have fixed this by now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Default Bluetooth voice dialing commands?

I had the same issues when I had my GS3. Commands only seem to work through the phone mic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

It took me forever to figure this out but I have the Motorola bluetooth and the very first attempt to call takes forever to initialize if my screen is locked. I usually unlock screen in car. I thought the phone ignored commands when it was locked. Maybe that's your issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I have the same problem with my Sony Xperia Ion cant figure it out.