Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: S3 Battery Life

Well, it's not that good IMO. It just died at 7 hours and 30 mins at 4:00 PM. Didn't last me all dayJuice defender plus installed. GPS off. Brightness: 25 percent. Battery defective?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kergosien Jr View Post
    Well, it's not that good IMO. It just died at 7 hours and 30 mins at 4:00 PM. Didn't last me all dayJuice defender plus installed. GPS off. Brightness: 25 percent. Battery defective?

How much screen on time? If ur 3hrs or around that on screen on time then it sounds pretty normal

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by kjjb0204 View Post
    Screen shots of screen-on time or this doesn't mean anything. The fact that standby is higher indicates actual usage time was pretty low.
    Quote Originally Posted by ducey99 View Post
    I'm understand that and I'll post a screen shot of display on time the next time but I believe there are plenty of people out there who would beg to disagree with you. Was I playing on the phone the entire 14 hours? No. Was it used consistently throughout the day? Yes. The Thunderbolt, which was my previous phone could not just sit on a 4G connection for 3 hours, let alone 14. And I did use it. Nevertheless, I posted it in comparison to my TB and to say that the battery on this phone is much better than the phone I had before. In fact, if you go back to the very first post of this thread,... which I in fact posted, it was a comparison of the SIII to the Thunderbolt. #okaybye

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3
    It's true, my old Thunderbolt would lose ~10%/hour in standby (screen off, no user interaction) if mobile data (4G LTE) was on. While screenshots of battery life may be misleading because we know little of the conditions surrounding the device (network connection status, apps used, amount of data transferred, screen time, etc), I feel they can be least semi-relevant in posts like this. The degree of relevance obviously increases if the person posting the screenshot gives as much info about the scenario in which that performance was achieved, however.

Quote Originally Posted by godsidekurt View Post
    Did you turn off Gtalk ? That's enabled out of the box. Also not reporting from this device in Gmaps...both of those helped my battery. Don't forget too if you're in a area which gets a bad signal, that drains your battery fatty too.

Disabling GTalk or *any* unused services will obviously help get you as much extra juice as possible, but for each user it's going to be different. I actually use GTalk quite a bit, so for me leaving it on is necessary. I prefer to leave maps on too. Just a matter of balancing which services you want vs. the battery efficiency you want to achieve. Maps can be a battery hog, especially if you use Google Now and are in a low-signal area with poor data signal, however I've never really found Google Talk to make that much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kergosien Jr View Post

1. Remove Juice Defender

2. Are you able to pinpoint which apps are frequently using data? What kind of network are you using (wifi, mobile)? What kind of signal strength do you have?

When I'm at home on wifi, my battery lasts incredibly long -- I've gone close to 48 hours on a single charge. At work in my office, however, with horrible signal and wifi to connect to, my phone is often near dead by lunch time even if I start the day on a full charge.

Under normal conditions, screen time is probably gonna be the biggest consumer of power, however if your data signal is low, and you've apps trying to access data, that will eat your battery VERY quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    It's true, my old Thunderbolt would lose ~10%/hour in standby (screen off, no user interaction) if mobile data (4G LTE) was on. While screenshots of battery life may be misleading because we know little of the conditions surrounding the device (network connection status, apps used, amount of data transferred, screen time, etc), I feel they can be least semi-relevant in posts like this. The degree of relevance obviously increases if the person posting the screenshot gives as much info about the scenario in which that performance was achieved, however.

Disabling GTalk or *any* unused services will obviously help get you as much extra juice as possible, but for each user it's going to be different. I actually use GTalk quite a bit, so for me leaving it on is necessary. I prefer to leave maps on too. Just a matter of balancing which services you want vs. the battery efficiency you want to achieve. Maps can be a battery hog, especially if you use Google Now and are in a low-signal area with poor data signal, however I've never really found Google Talk to make that much of a difference.

1. Remove Juice Defender

2. Are you able to pinpoint which apps are frequently using data? What kind of network are you using (wifi, mobile)? What kind of signal strength do you have?

When I'm at home on wifi, my battery lasts incredibly long -- I've gone close to 48 hours on a single charge. At work in my office, however, with horrible signal and wifi to connect to, my phone is often near dead by lunch time even if I start the day on a full charge.

Under normal conditions, screen time is probably gonna be the biggest consumer of power, however if your data signal is low, and you've apps trying to access data, that will eat your battery VERY quickly.
    I'm usually on 4G LTE, but I come home at around 4 and I have wifi at home. I just got a replacement today from Verizon since I was within warranty. Maybe this S3 will perform better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123