S3 Battery Life

ducey99

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So I just read a post from someone who said their husband upgraded from an iPhone 4 to the S3 and said that after an update the battery is as bad as the HTC Thunderbolt. If anyone knows anything about the Thunderbolt they know that the battery SUCKS! (its my current phone). I take my battery off the charger at 7am and change my battery by 9am. Yea its bad. I'm getting the S3 in 5 day, please tell me that I'm not making a mistake with getting the S3.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
The s3 has pretty good battery but if that is your only concern i would suggest the droid razor Maxx HD but I think the s3 is a better overall phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ducey99

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've played with the razr maxx and I just like the phone. I think its cool but I love the SG3.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I used to have the bolt. I used the rezound battery in it and got up to 12 hours. I have the rezound. Get good battery life with it too.

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So I just read a post from someone who said their husband upgraded from an iPhone 4 to the S3 and said that after an update the battery is as bad as the HTC Thunderbolt. If anyone knows anything about the Thunderbolt they know that the battery SUCKS! (its my current phone). I take my battery off the charger at 7am and change my battery by 9am. Yea its bad. I'm getting the S3 in 5 day, please tell me that I'm not making a mistake with getting the S3.

The battery is nowhere near as bad as the TB. I've had so many different androids and Iphones over the past couple years and my gripe with most androids has always been battery life. I've had the sgs3 and iphone 5 since their launches and I have to say the difference I experience in battery life isn't substantial since they both have LTE. I think the SGS3 still provides the best overall package when talking about style, specs, performance and battery life. Most other devices lack severely in at least one of these areas and this device is a very good balance of all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

walkingrock

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
It's not THAT bad! However, I did get an extended battery, and love it; yes, it is more bulky, but I hardly notice it. 2 of the things I really liked when I first got it is the light weight, and slim depth; but I've been surprised at how the extended battery with custom back doesn't bother me. The screen on this phone is awesome! I get 1.5-2 days without a charge with my 4600 mAh Mugen battery. Yes, it was expensive, but so worth it.

ducey99

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You're right. Most devices lack in one area or another. I really appreciate your perspective. That makes me feel better about the battery.

ducey99

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The battery is nowhere near as bad as the TB. I've had so many different androids and Iphones over the past couple years and my gripe with most androids has always been battery life. I've had the sgs3 and iphone 5 since their launches and I have to say the difference I experience in battery life isn't substantial since they both have LTE. I think the SGS3 still provides the best overall package when talking about style, specs, performance and battery life. Most other devices lack severely in at least one of these areas and this device is a very good balance of all.

You're right. Most devices lack in one area or another. I really appreciate your perspective. That makes me feel better about the battery.

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
i came from a droid x to the s3. i am a heavy user and am amazed how good the battery is and i have the screen on full power. it also recharges really quick too.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

tiggervd

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I had a Thunderbolt from day one... Love my S3.....The battery life of the S3 compared to the thunderbolt is like night and day.

wiscottsin

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I always carry a spare battery so I can use the phone as much as I want. Yet another thing you can't do with any Snapple product....LOL
$@$
Sent From My SCH-I535

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the TBolt and it had horrible battery life. Then I bought the Galaxy Nexus and it was greatly improved but I needed to carry a spare battery around on weekends when I wasn't going to be near a charger. Now I've got the GS3 and I was really surprised by how much better the battery is on this phone than the others. I don't have a spare battery and I get through a whole day if I'm not spending hours on it reading.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I easy make it through the day. Phone usually comes off around 8am and I'm good until I go to bed around 11pm with plenty of life left. And my usage consists of Facebook, Twitter, email, testing, some Internet and music. And for me this is pretty good given that the signal at work isn't that good which means it's using more battery struggling to keep a connection. And then combine with juice defender I'm good. Not nearly a worry as previous devices. No need for more than one or extended battery.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I get good use out of my stock battery on my S3 ,no complaints.:)
I don't usually get 2 days but regularly get 30 hours, some days less,, some days more but 30 hours is the average.
As long as I get 18 hrs , I'm good on battery life anything more is a bonus, my phones usually on from 4am til 11pm.

ducey99

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I get good use out of my stock battery on my S3 ,no complaints.:)
I don't usually get 2 days but regularly get 30 hours, some days less,, some days more but 30 hours is the average.
As long as I get 18 hrs , I'm good on battery life anything more is a bonus, my phones usually on from 4am til 11pm.

30 hours is great! If I could go from 6am-10am I would be happy lol. I can't wait to toss the TB!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt