Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Default S3 Battery Life

So I just read a post from someone who said their husband upgraded from an iPhone 4 to the S3 and said that after an update the battery is as bad as the HTC Thunderbolt. If anyone knows anything about the Thunderbolt they know that the battery SUCKS! (its my current phone). I take my battery off the charger at 7am and change my battery by 9am. Yea its bad. I'm getting the S3 in 5 day, please tell me that I'm not making a mistake with getting the S3.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Default Re: S3 Battery Life

The s3 has pretty good battery but if that is your only concern i would suggest the droid razor Maxx HD but I think the s3 is a better overall phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm a superuser
    Thanked by:
    davidnc likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

I've played with the razr maxx and I just like the phone. I think its cool but I love the SG3.

I used to have the bolt. I used the rezound battery in it and got up to 12 hours. I have the rezound. Get good battery life with it too.

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by ducey99 View Post
    So I just read a post from someone who said their husband upgraded from an iPhone 4 to the S3 and said that after an update the battery is as bad as the HTC Thunderbolt. If anyone knows anything about the Thunderbolt they know that the battery SUCKS! (its my current phone). I take my battery off the charger at 7am and change my battery by 9am. Yea its bad. I'm getting the S3 in 5 day, please tell me that I'm not making a mistake with getting the S3.

The battery is nowhere near as bad as the TB. I've had so many different androids and Iphones over the past couple years and my gripe with most androids has always been battery life. I've had the sgs3 and iphone 5 since their launches and I have to say the difference I experience in battery life isn't substantial since they both have LTE. I think the SGS3 still provides the best overall package when talking about style, specs, performance and battery life. Most other devices lack severely in at least one of these areas and this device is a very good balance of all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
    luvs2laff likes this.

It's not THAT bad! However, I did get an extended battery, and love it; yes, it is more bulky, but I hardly notice it. 2 of the things I really liked when I first got it is the light weight, and slim depth; but I've been surprised at how the extended battery with custom back doesn't bother me. The screen on this phone is awesome! I get 1.5-2 days without a charge with my 4600 mAh Mugen battery. Yes, it was expensive, but so worth it.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

You're right. Most devices lack in one area or another. I really appreciate your perspective. That makes me feel better about the battery.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu123 View Post
    The battery is nowhere near as bad as the TB. I've had so many different androids and Iphones over the past couple years and my gripe with most androids has always been battery life. I've had the sgs3 and iphone 5 since their launches and I have to say the difference I experience in battery life isn't substantial since they both have LTE. I think the SGS3 still provides the best overall package when talking about style, specs, performance and battery life. Most other devices lack severely in at least one of these areas and this device is a very good balance of all.

You're right. Most devices lack in one area or another. I really appreciate your perspective. That makes me feel better about the battery.

i came from a droid x to the s3. i am a heavy user and am amazed how good the battery is and i have the screen on full power. it also recharges really quick too.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

I'm a heavy user as well. So that helps.

Battery life on the S3 is ridiculously good.
    Thanked by:
    randomdude likes this.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

I had a Thunderbolt from day one... Love my S3.....The battery life of the S3 compared to the thunderbolt is like night and day.

Thanked by:

I always carry a spare battery so I can use the phone as much as I want. Yet another thing you can't do with any Snapple product....LOL
    $@$
    Sent From My SCH-I535
    Thanked by:

my battery is a beast
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S3 Battery Life-battery.png  
    Thanked by:
    ducey99 likes this.

I had the TBolt and it had horrible battery life. Then I bought the Galaxy Nexus and it was greatly improved but I needed to carry a spare battery around on weekends when I wasn't going to be near a charger. Now I've got the GS3 and I was really surprised by how much better the battery is on this phone than the others. I don't have a spare battery and I get through a whole day if I'm not spending hours on it reading.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by randomdude View Post
    my battery is a beast
    Wow! Almost 2 days on one charge. With what kind of usage?

I easy make it through the day. Phone usually comes off around 8am and I'm good until I go to bed around 11pm with plenty of life left. And my usage consists of Facebook, Twitter, email, testing, some Internet and music. And for me this is pretty good given that the signal at work isn't that good which means it's using more battery struggling to keep a connection. And then combine with juice defender I'm good. Not nearly a worry as previous devices. No need for more than one or extended battery.

Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

Global Posts
    6,657 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I get good use out of my stock battery on my S3 ,no complaints.
    I don't usually get 2 days but regularly get 30 hours, some days less,, some days more but 30 hours is the average.
    As long as I get 18 hrs , I'm good on battery life anything more is a bonus, my phones usually on from 4am til 11pm.
    Thanked by:
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    I get good use out of my stock battery on my S3 ,no complaints.
    I don't usually get 2 days but regularly get 30 hours, some days less,, some days more but 30 hours is the average.
    As long as I get 18 hrs , I'm good on battery life anything more is a bonus, my phones usually on from 4am til 11pm.
    30 hours is great! If I could go from 6am-10am I would be happy lol. I can't wait to toss the TB!

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Yeah right now I am sitting at 20 hours with 26% left in the tank

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    Thanked by:

keep in mind this is using the stock battery.

i have two emails accounts pushed, check facebook and twitter every so often, text, etc. i have wifi on at work and home as well

Are you guys getting 18+ hours not using your phone much? I'm a fairly heavy user and can't always get through the day. I'm on wi-fi at home (also work from home) but the battery drains fast in the evening when I'm using it most. I don't stream movies, music or do Facebook but I'm on Chrome and Twitter quite a bit. I am stock however.

I got this phone on Sunday and love it so far. My gnex had horrible battery life even with the extended battery.

Yesterday streamed Pandora all day and got 8 hours. Today no Pandora and am at 78% after 3.5 hours off the charger.

Android4life

The Thunderbolt was a pretty big bust. The S3 battery life is amazing. I use my phone a lot and will still have 30 to 40% battery life by the end of the day. I use mine for both work and personal.

- - - Updated - - -

The Thunderbolt was a pretty big bust. The S3 battery life is amazing. I use my phone a lot and will still have 30 to 40% battery life by the end of the day. I use mine for both work and personal.
    Thanked by:

First, to the OP -- the battery life on the S3, even with the stock battery and running stock OS is definitely a noticeable improvement over the Thunderbolt's battery. As a previous TBolt owner myself, I can attest to this first-hand. Obviously each person uses their phone differently, but with a similar usage profile, I'd estimate I get 1.5 to 2 time the battery life out of mine. The only problem, the S3 is so awesome, I find I use it more (which obviously is a battery killer in and of itself!).

Quote Originally Posted by androidatic View Post
    Are you guys getting 18+ hours not using your phone much? I'm a fairly heavy user and can't always get through the day. I'm on wi-fi at home (also work from home) but the battery drains fast in the evening when I'm using it most. I don't stream movies, music or do Facebook but I'm on Chrome and Twitter quite a bit. I am stock however.
    There are a lot factors to consider. I have easily got 18+ hours on a charge before...but that's assuming I'm not using it non-stop, spending most of my time on WIFI and definitely not streaming videos. Two weeks ago, for example, I was home all weekend and generally just hanging around the house, so I pulled my phone off the charger Saturday morning and left it off until Sunday morning with around 20-30% remaining (sometimes I'll leave it off the charger just to see how far I can push it!). So that's a full 24 hours and charge to spare.

Now, on the flip side, during the week when I'm working in my office (with awful cell reception and no wifi) and using my phone much more frequently, I generally have to plug in the phone after lunch just to make it through the day.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast