Onite 4500mAhr extended battery review

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at extended batteries for the S3. I had the Seidio for my Blackberry Storm and it was pretty good, and I also got a Morphie Juicepack for my iPhone4. That was also OK, but for what it was it was overpriced. I see there is a Juicepack available for the S3 and it's REALLY overpriced. So I went looking for an alternative.

The Seidio got slammed for using faked batteries. which seemed a little underhanded. Apparently they were stuffing the battery cases with foam to make them look bigger, and the batteries didn't actually have the capacity they claimed. But I saw the Onite for a very reasonable $19 at Amazon, including the back. It did well on the rundown tests I saw posted easily beating the Seidio, but there were some complaints that the fit was too tight. I figured for that price I would give it a try and return it if it was a problem.

I got the set a week ago and installed it. Yup, the battery is a tight fit. It took some persuasion to get the battery into the compartment but it did go in. Also the back was a tight fit, but it also goes on and it's a nice, close fit all the way around. It's not as pretty as the OEM back - it's just a blackish blue color. It's not unattractive by any means. The phone is considerably thicker than it was of course, to allow for the second cell of the battery. As is always the case, that's a mixed bag. The phone is more comfortable to hold but it's also not going to fit into skinny jeans, and there are no cases that can take it. I'm not skinny and neither are my jeans, so it drops into my front pocket just fine.

I charged it fully and unplugged it. Oddly the charge went instantly from 100% to 98% which made me uneasy. But by the end of the day the phone still had 69% charge left! I use my phone a lot for reading, text, calls, and by the time the day is over I am down to 30%, typically, on the OEM battery. So the Onite battery does seem to give me a lot of extended life.
Overall I am quite happy with it. It has performed beautifully all week and I am debating just leaving it on or swapping back to the OEM battery for daily carry. It's nice to not have to worry about being near a charger towards the end of the day, or having to monitor my usage to make sure I have the juice to do what I need to do and still play. I can do both.

Very much worth the cash. Recommended.

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Here's where I toss in a word for the ZeroLemon 7000 mah battery: typically good for 5 days of use. It was $31 from Amazon (still is, apparently) but it's seasoning process is a pita (5 or 6 times full charge to drain.)

But I must admit it's worth it for the battery and the case that comes with it.

Karl Thomas

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I was looking at extended batteries for the S3. I had the Seidio for my Blackberry Storm and it was pretty good, and I also got a Morphie Juicepack for my iPhone4. That was also OK, but for what it was it was overpriced. I see there is a Juicepack available for the S3 and it's REALLY overpriced. So I went looking for an alternative.

The Seidio got slammed for using faked batteries. which seemed a little underhanded. Apparently they were stuffing the battery cases with foam to make them look bigger, and the batteries didn't actually have the capacity they claimed. But I saw the Onite for a very reasonable $19 at Amazon, including the back. It did well on the rundown tests I saw posted easily beating the Seidio, but there were some complaints that the fit was too tight. I figured for that price I would give it a try and return it if it was a problem.

I got the set a week ago and installed it. Yup, the battery is a tight fit. It took some persuasion to get the battery into the compartment but it did go in. Also the back was a tight fit, but it also goes on and it's a nice, close fit all the way around. It's not as pretty as the OEM back - it's just a blackish blue color. It's not unattractive by any means. The phone is considerably thicker than it was of course, to allow for the second cell of the battery. As is always the case, that's a mixed bag. The phone is more comfortable to hold but it's also not going to fit into skinny jeans, and there are no cases that can take it. I'm not skinny and neither are my jeans, so it drops into my front pocket just fine.

I charged it fully and unplugged it. Oddly the charge went instantly from 100% to 98% which made me uneasy. But by the end of the day the phone still had 69% charge left! I use my phone a lot for reading, text, calls, and by the time the day is over I am down to 30%, typically, on the OEM battery. So the Onite battery does seem to give me a lot of extended life.
Overall I am quite happy with it. It has performed beautifully all week and I am debating just leaving it on or swapping back to the OEM battery for daily carry. It's nice to not have to worry about being near a charger towards the end of the day, or having to monitor my usage to make sure I have the juice to do what I need to do and still play. I can do both.

Very much worth the cash. Recommended.
Thank you for your recommendation.I would have a try.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Karl
Did you have to quote the entire post just to say "thanks"?

Very interesting info about the Seidio battery.

AC App on SGS3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey