Galaxy 3 MAP $199 - December 4th still?

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I remember seeing a Verizon chart sometime back that had the Galaxy 3's minimum advertised pricing (map) set at $199 thru 12/4/12. My wife is do up for an upgrade and wants the galaxy 3, but she also doesn?t want to spend over $100. I told her that pricing should drop on 12/5 because the Verizon chart that I saw. So am I safe in telling her to wait a week and what are the best deals going on a Galaxy 3 for Verizon right now? It seems that every other carrier is offering for $99 or less except Verizon.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I remember seeing a Verizon chart sometime back that had the Galaxy 3's minimum advertised pricing (map) set at $199 thru 12/4/12. My wife is do up for an upgrade and wants the galaxy 3, but she also doesn?t want to spend over $100. I told her that pricing should drop on 12/5 because the Verizon chart that I saw. So am I safe in telling her to wait a week and what are the best deals going on a Galaxy 3 for Verizon right now? It seems that every other carrier is offering for $99 or less except Verizon.

Best Buy and Amazon have been selling the Verizon S3 for $149 for quite some time now. As long as you're "upgrade eligible" with your Verizon account, you can buy directly from there.

Update: Amazon's deal is even better right now. Upgrade for $125; or add a new line for $60!
AmazonWireless: Samsung Galaxy S III 4G Android Phone, Blue 16GB (Verizon Wireless)

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Amazon ships with free 2 DAY shipping... you'd get it well before 04DEC2012

none the less, it's a deal you can grab now if you want...or you can wait.

yeah i saw that, but right above it says "Backordered. Usually ships in 1 to 2 weeks" Either way i'm waiting to see if the price drops. I was really just wondering if the verizon MAP charts are usually right and if the phones price drops when the map is over

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
yeah i saw that, but right above it says "Backordered. Usually ships in 1 to 2 weeks" Either way i'm waiting to see if the price drops. I was really just wondering if the verizon MAP charts are usually right and if the phones price drops when the map is over

Ah...missed that part about the backorder. Would have responded about the MAP if I actually knew....

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy price matched Staples this past Saturday and we got the S3 (I have one myself) for my girlfriend for $49.00. She had originally paid $199.00 at Verizon, and they refused to price match and told her that she had to return the phone, pay a restock fee, they would keep her upgrade fee, and then told us they prefer it when customers buy their phones through 3rd party retailers so that they don't have to deal with the subsidizing and troubleshooting. Verizon Wireless is probably the most customer unfriendly cellphone carrier around.

Sting32

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I bought my s3 at a sams club, black friday for 97 cents. Waiting of course to see the "upgrade fee" of $30 tacked onto my account, for each of the 3 phones...