Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    opjones's Avatar

    Posts
    264 Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google/CM7

    Default Galaxy 3 MAP $199 - December 4th still?

    I remember seeing a Verizon chart sometime back that had the Galaxy 3's minimum advertised pricing (map) set at $199 thru 12/4/12. My wife is do up for an upgrade and wants the galaxy 3, but she also doesn’t want to spend over $100. I told her that pricing should drop on 12/5 because the Verizon chart that I saw. So am I safe in telling her to wait a week and what are the best deals going on a Galaxy 3 for Verizon right now? It seems that every other carrier is offering for $99 or less except Verizon.
    With a Thunderbolt get a GPS location before flashing a new ROM
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Galaxy 3 MAP $199 - December 4th still?

    Quote Originally Posted by opjones View Post
    I remember seeing a Verizon chart sometime back that had the Galaxy 3's minimum advertised pricing (map) set at $199 thru 12/4/12. My wife is do up for an upgrade and wants the galaxy 3, but she also doesn’t want to spend over $100. I told her that pricing should drop on 12/5 because the Verizon chart that I saw. So am I safe in telling her to wait a week and what are the best deals going on a Galaxy 3 for Verizon right now? It seems that every other carrier is offering for $99 or less except Verizon.
    Best Buy and Amazon have been selling the Verizon S3 for $149 for quite some time now. As long as you're "upgrade eligible" with your Verizon account, you can buy directly from there.

    Update: Amazon's deal is even better right now. Upgrade for $125; or add a new line for $60!
    AmazonWireless: Samsung Galaxy S3 4G Android Phone, Blue 16GB (Verizon Wireless)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    opjones's Avatar

    Posts
    264 Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google/CM7

    Default Re: Galaxy 3 MAP $199 - December 4th still?

    1-2 weeks shipping, of which 12-4 is only a week away and that's when the price is suppose to drop.
    With a Thunderbolt get a GPS location before flashing a new ROM
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Galaxy 3 MAP $199 - December 4th still?

    Quote Originally Posted by opjones View Post
    1-2 weeks shipping, of which 12-4 is only a week away and that's when the price is suppose to drop.
    Amazon ships with free 2 DAY shipping... you'd get it well before 04DEC2012

    none the less, it's a deal you can grab now if you want...or you can wait.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    opjones's Avatar

    Posts
    264 Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google/CM7

    Default Re: Galaxy 3 MAP $199 - December 4th still?

    Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    Amazon ships with free 2 DAY shipping... you'd get it well before 04DEC2012

    none the less, it's a deal you can grab now if you want...or you can wait.
    yeah i saw that, but right above it says "Backordered. Usually ships in 1 to 2 weeks" Either way i'm waiting to see if the price drops. I was really just wondering if the verizon MAP charts are usually right and if the phones price drops when the map is over
    With a Thunderbolt get a GPS location before flashing a new ROM
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Galaxy 3 MAP $199 - December 4th still?

    Quote Originally Posted by opjones View Post
    yeah i saw that, but right above it says "Backordered. Usually ships in 1 to 2 weeks" Either way i'm waiting to see if the price drops. I was really just wondering if the verizon MAP charts are usually right and if the phones price drops when the map is over
    Ah...missed that part about the backorder. Would have responded about the MAP if I actually knew....
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Galaxy 3 MAP $199 - December 4th still?

    Best Buy price matched Staples this past Saturday and we got the S3 (I have one myself) for my girlfriend for $49.00. She had originally paid $199.00 at Verizon, and they refused to price match and told her that she had to return the phone, pay a restock fee, they would keep her upgrade fee, and then told us they prefer it when customers buy their phones through 3rd party retailers so that they don't have to deal with the subsidizing and troubleshooting. Verizon Wireless is probably the most customer unfriendly cellphone carrier around.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Galaxy 3 MAP $199 - December 4th still?

    I bought my s3 at a sams club, black friday for 97 cents. Waiting of course to see the "upgrade fee" of $30 tacked onto my account, for each of the 3 phones...

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy S3 Verizon- Rooted/flashed still says unknown network
    By Ruffierules in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 10:37 PM
  2. Galaxy Nexus $199
    By DaPoets in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 352
    Last Post: 12-24-2011, 09:43 AM
  3. Samsung Galaxy S 2 cannot rotate Google Maps 5.0
    By beleta in forum Samsung Galaxy S II
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 08:52 PM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 10:04 PM

Posting Permissions