Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Is it sad

    Part of my night ritual is to check for Jelly Bean when I go to the bathroom lol?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Is it sad

    I am sorry to say this to you, but yes. Yes it is
    bigdaddytee and MERCDROID like this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Is it sad

    You're probably not the only one!
  4. #4  
    byrds8's Avatar

    Posts
    586 Posts
    Global Posts
    587 Global Posts

    Default Re: Is it sad

    I'm sure he isn't the only one. lol I think its more sad though that Verizon takes so long to do anything at all. Other S3s have had JB for a while now but no word from Big Red. They can even launch a device at the same time as other carriers. I would expect small regional carriers not to update as fast or push out a new device as fast as larger ones but for VZW to be this slow is shameful.
  5. #5  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Is it sad

    Hey at least you are not alone at the top, AT&T is right there with you
  6. #6  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Is it sad

    And that's a crying shame lol its almost 2013 and no jb for big red lol

    Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
  7. #7  
    taylorz_412's Avatar

    Posts
    2,075 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

    Default Re: Is it sad

    One of my many reasons to leave Verizon

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  8. #8  
    HalizDad's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,096 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,099 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for once.

    Default Re: Is it sad

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    And that's a crying shame lol its almost 2013 and no jb for big red lol

    Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
    Why don't you go play on your beloved Sprint pages? All you do is come on here and talk bad about Verizon, on the Verizon Galaxy S3 page when you don't even HAVE an SIII. Me thinks thou doth protest too much... Besides, I'm quite happy with ICS on the SIII as it's much faster than that old SII I had on Sprint. I suppose if I had a Ferrari and you had a Yugo, and both of them had Microsoft Sync on them (I know neither do, but humor me) and Yugo released an update for the Yugo, you'd think you were just tits, huh?

    Good luck with your SII.

    P.S. Sprint apparently stopped their rollout again as a girl I work with who has an SIII on Sprint still doesn't have JB...Reminds me of the GB update that Verizon did on the T-Bolt. It's been what, a month? Sprint doesn't have that many subscribers.
    Thanked by:
    bigdaddytee likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Is it sad

    if rooted and unlocked bootloader will people still get the push? or how will they have to go about to get it?
    Hit The "Thanks" button If I have helped you! It makes me
  10. #10  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Is it sad

    As far as the sprint roll out, I just took one on Friday so it was at least still going on then.

    If you are rooted and unlocked, you are more than likely going to have to undo those to take the ota. If you removed any bloat you are gonna have to put that back too

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
  11. #11  
    HalizDad's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,096 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,099 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for once.

    Default Re: Is it sad

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    As far as the sprint roll out, I just took one on Friday so it was at least still going on then.

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    That's actually good to know...The girl I work with is a phone nerd that would rival anyone on here...It's kinda' annoying how geeked out she gets, yet I digress. I guess my biggest point is that I'm quite happy with what I've got. I've seen more updates screw phones up than I've seen make them more functional, and they have ALWAYS slowed the phones down, regardless. I know, I know...some people on here will say it makes their phone so much faster, and everything works fantastic...Check out their posts 6 months later when they're whining about it. Happens EVERY time...I'll probably root mine so I can turn down the update. Seriously. I'd rather play with ROMs like I did on my Hero/Evo/SII than deal with another SII, or Evo OTA. My SII was DOA after that lovely ICS update from Sprint.
  12. #12  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Is it sad

    You ought to have your friend come here and get the update.

    They do mess them up more often than they should. What needs to be done IMHO is wipe after you take the update. It is a pain in the A** but it saves issues down the road
    MERCDROID likes this.
  13. #13  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Is it sad

    Quote Originally Posted by HalizDad View Post
    Why don't you go play on your beloved Sprint pages? All you do is come on here and talk bad about Verizon, on the Verizon Galaxy S3 page when you don't even HAVE an SIII. Me thinks thou doth protest too much... Besides, I'm quite happy with ICS on the SIII as it's much faster than that old SII I had on Sprint. I suppose if I had a Ferrari and you had a Yugo, and both of them had Microsoft Sync on them (I know neither do, but humor me) and Yugo released an update for the Yugo, you'd think you were just tits, huh?

    Good luck with your SII.

    P.S. Sprint apparently stopped their rollout again as a girl I work with who has an SIII on Sprint still doesn't have JB...Reminds me of the GB update that Verizon did on the T-Bolt. It's been what, a month? Sprint doesn't have that many subscribers.
    Like I said I post about vzw because I HAD VZW do I'm talking from experience don't get mad at me because big red is slow like drying paint when it comes to updates haha and if that girl still doesn't have jb she probably rejected the update smart guy lol and I'm pulling 10mb down on my s2 so enjoying it I AM

    Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
    MERCDROID likes this.
  14. #14  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Is it sad

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    You ought to have your friend come here and get the update.

    They do mess them up more often than they should. What needs to be done IMHO is wipe after you take the update. It is a pain in the A** but it saves issues down the road
    I had to reset my lil sis s3 because she said some thing happened all in all the only thing happened was the Jb update lol

    Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
  15. #15  
    HalizDad's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,096 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,099 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for once.

    Default Re: Is it sad

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Like I said I post about vzw because I HAD VZW do I'm talking from experience don't get mad at me because big red is slow like drying paint when it comes to updates haha and if that girl still doesn't have jb she probably rejected the update smart guy lol and I'm pulling 10mb down on my s2 so enjoying it I AM

    Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
    Who's mad? I'm not mad; you're simply annoying since you contribute nothing to the threads. All you do is bash Verizon. Make your own "Verizon Sucks" thread or something. I hate all of the carriers equally, including Sprint, and the one I currently use, which is Verizon because they all charge too much for their product. Regardless of that, I couldn't care less what speeds you're getting, or if Sprint is paying YOU to use their service. What are you, three?
    bigdaddytee likes this.
  16. #16  
    Ricky Babalu's Avatar
    BEACH BUM

    Posts
    2,007 Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

    Default Re: Is it sad

    Quote Originally Posted by HalizDad View Post
    That's actually good to know...The girl I work with is a phone nerd that would rival anyone on here...It's kinda' annoying how geeked out she gets, yet I digress. I guess my biggest point is that I'm quite happy with what I've got. I've seen more updates screw phones up than I've seen make them more functional, and they have ALWAYS slowed the phones down, regardless. I know, I know...some people on here will say it makes their phone so much faster, and everything works fantastic...Check out their posts 6 months later when they're whining about it. Happens EVERY time...I'll probably root mine so I can turn down the update. Seriously. I'd rather play with ROMs like I did on my Hero/Evo/SII than deal with another SII, or Evo OTA. My SII was DOA after that lovely ICS update from Sprint.
    Absolutely agree with you on both points. I have rooted my phone and have blocked any updates, because generally from experience they always "Bork" something, take away features (toggles, Universal search), or plug up exploits for rooting. For example do not be surprised if the tethering which you can do now by adding a third party widget to activate "Hotspot" no longer works. My phone works perfect and I do not want to fix what is not "broken". So I will stay on ICS, still on 4.0.4
  17. #17  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Is it sad

    Quote Originally Posted by HalizDad View Post
    Who's mad? I'm not mad; you're simply annoying since you contribute nothing to the threads. All you do is bash Verizon. Make your own "Verizon Sucks" thread or something. I hate all of the carriers equally, including Sprint, and the one I currently use, which is Verizon because they all charge too much for their product. Regardless of that, I couldn't care less what speeds you're getting, or if Sprint is paying YOU to use their service. What are you, three?
    If words on a forum annoy u than u need fresh air and medication lol and what's with the lil silly insults how old are u bro lol smh

    Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
  18. #18  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Is it sad

    And if u hate post paid go boost or cricket or straight talk why be with somebody u hate u pay for what u want postpaid = insurance, better phones,and roaming ect

    Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Is it sad

    Verizon is always slow to update. Nothing new. When I'm done with this S3 I'm going with a nexus phone. Hopefully that nexus is made by Samsung

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Is it sad

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    And if u hate post paid go boost or cricket or straight talk why be with somebody u hate u pay for what u want postpaid = insurance, better phones,and roaming ect
    What?
  21. #21  
    HalizDad's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,096 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,099 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for once.

    Default Re: Is it sad

    Verizon best, AT&T worst in Consumer Reports carrier survey - Technology on NBCNews.com

    Sprint is the WORST of all the carriers in Chicago...so apparently you don't know what "good" is.

    In case you missed the hyperlink up top: Verizon best, AT&T worst in Consumer Reports carrier survey - Technology on NBCNews.com
  22. #22  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Is it sad

    Not that I want to get in the middle of your fight here, but your link shows sprint as second in a consumer satisfaction survey.

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
  23. #23  
    lbkiml's Avatar

    Posts
    288 Posts
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

    Default Re: Is it sad

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorz_412 View Post
    One of my many reasons to leave Verizon

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Seriously..?
    People need to calm their cr ap with this update. Atleast 2 threads per week just on people complaining on when the update will arrive.

    Not sure if this is becoming sadder than the frequent battery threads.
  24. #24  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,767 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Is it sad

    it is the norm and to be expected
  25. #25  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Is it sad

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven72555 View Post
    What?
    Was talking to other buddy lol who says he hates post paid

    Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is it Sad That I Dreamt About the LTEVO?
    By Duffin in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-15-2012, 12:35 PM
  2. I need Telenav? where is it for Droid?
    By Soulsharter in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 09:42 AM
  3. Push Email???? Is it really Push?
    By str8sNUTS in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 03:00 PM
  4. hero vibration how strong is it?
    By bossyman15 in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 09:50 PM
  5. Cant find the SHOP SAVVY app - where is IT??
    By applezz in forum T-Mobile G1
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 06:20 AM

Posting Permissions