Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else suddenly sluggish?

I can't think of anything new I've installed over the past week besides app updates, but suddenly my S3 is frustrating me. Inputs typing wll just hang then catch up. Scrolling hangs up. Pandora cuts in and out, and the Samsung music player is acting like junk. Listening to two different podcasts it would stutter and also just stop outputting audio. The track would continue to play with no sound. If I hit pause and play, the sound comes back until it decides to go quiet again. It did it with my aux in on the car and headphones, so it isn't just an accessory issue.

Is there a way to review what you have updated recently? I'm wondering if one of the app updates is causing problems.

By the way I'm stock. Never had complaints about performance until thus last week.

Default Re: Anyone else suddenly sluggish?

When an update is available you are notified. That's the only way I know of.
    Our amartphones are mini computers and they can act up. When I gave had a hiccup or something weird happens I will remove the SIM card ans the battery for a few minutes. Let it recycle. Hope that helps

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I have had a similar issue with my two day old S3. I notice the battery was very low and finally quit. Battery charging was another issue. I will leave that for another thread. I have now learned the hard way that not all USB charging is the same. At least for this phone wall charger with a good USB connector is a must. But the slowness and hiccups just amazed me. I tried a call and could not do it. I got an outside call and as soon as I completed that my previous call started ringing! I eventually got a message saying Activity of Phone is not responding. Yes have completely powered down and restarted it. Did not watn to make the trip to Costco or Verizon. I may end up buying more stuff at Costco!
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Mine hauls ***...don't know.

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted, Unlocked

Silly thought but did you accidently enable 'Power Saver' mode?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

S3 is now fixed and humming along. Problem was several programs that I had saved on my SD card and brought over from my Droid. Biggest culprit was Android Tak Killer. Once I uninstalled it everyting was fine. Mind you there were a few others that I got rid off too. Check this before going to complete so called master reset.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant Task Killer