Thoughts on S3 vs Maxx hd?

electric turd

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm due for an upgrade and I'm naturally trying to decide between 2 of the top phones on Verizon. It seems like there isn't a sure fire winner either way. Does anyone have any comments or help on which phone would be better? I like the rom ability of the gs3 a lot.
The main things I'm looking for are:
Battery ....I know the maxx wins here but how much difference is there in daily use?
Build quality... I've heard stories of glass braking on the gs3
I live in a good signal area if that matters. I use to have the OG droid and loved installing roms. Is that reason worth it alone to go to the gs3? I also use a MacBook and have heard of issues with the gs3 not syncing right with theses computers?

Any help would be great appreciated

electric turd

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I have too. Seems like there is always a trade of. I can sync my music through google music so in the end of the day it wouldn't be that big of a deal. I don't know if I would use the camera enough to be a deal breaker either way.

Kurpaige#IM

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I had the Razr HD and it wouldn't connect to my mac with android file transfer but the SIII does. Basically I switched cause the camera is terrible and I use mine as my point and shoot. Razr line are great for build and reception and battery. The HD was great so I can only imagine what the Maxx would be. SIII had nice battery and much better camera and I kind of like being able to change ROMs. I hope the screen issues are the very few and not the many. Either phone and you can't go wrong

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the old Razr Maxx - there is a pretty large difference in battery life. The camera on the S3 is better. I like the feel of the Razr Maxx better. It's also better looking and easier to hold for me. From playing with the new HD it's pretty fast, like the S3. The S3 screen seems better and larger. You can get a nice extended battery for the S3 for $25, but you end up with a thicker phone than the Maxx. Upside is that it actually lasts longer. So I guess it comes down to you. Either phone is going to serve you very well.

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
S3 all the way! Everything but battery is almost same specs wise. The S3 screen is bigger with capacitive buttons under it so more screen real estate and I think it's a nicer screen overall. The camera on the S3 is 10 fold better than any moto cameras.

The Maxx HD is $100-200 more depending where you buy and with that you can get a spare battery and a lot of accessories that you want for the S3. The S3 is sexier overall I think and if you don't like touchwiz you can always use a launcher to get a more stock like experience like moto blur.

Only plus I can think of for moto is smart actions but I think there may be comparable apps in the market.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ricebw

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I switched from the old Maxx to the S3 because of battery life. I'm a heavy user and even though the Maxx was great, I would end up depleting the battery and being connected to a charger late in the day. And if I was going out at night, forget it, no time to charge. I switched to an s3 and got an external charger and an extra battery. I flip them out and have 100% immediately. I always have a charged battery since it only takes a few hours to charge the spare. If I am away from the charger, I can carry 4200MAH with me which beats the Maxx anyway.

Just my two cents. I don't miss the Maxx at all.

devo1929

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Big turn off of the Maxx for me is the fact that you are limited to the single battery it comes with. Meaning, I can get a larger battery (larger than that of the Maxx for that matter) or another backup battery for my S3 if I want to. Not to mention, if the battery begins to go bad in the Maxx, again, you're stuck with it. I can replace mine.

Now, with battery discussion out of the way, I feel there's nothing else to compare. Love my GS3.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums