Ringtones showing up in Google Play Music App

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I am running ICS 4.0.4 on a Samsung GS3 on the Verizon USA network.

The issue: I downloaded a ringtone and now it is showing up with all my mp3's (500 or so) in the Play Music App.

What I need help with: I do not want the ring tone to show up in the Play Music App but I want to keep the ringtone because I use it to identify when my girlfriend calls.

What I don't want to happen: I do not want the ringtone deleted because I still need it to function as a ringtone for one of my contacts.

Help. I need a simple way to resolve this issue. Thanks.

David :(

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I am running ICS 4.0.4 on a Samsung GS3 on the Verizon USA network.

The issue: I downloaded a ringtone and now it is showing up with all my mp3's (500 or so) in the Play Music App.

What I need help with: I do not want the ring tone to show up in the Play Music App but I want to keep the ringtone because I use it to identify when my girlfriend calls.

What I don't want to happen: I do not want the ringtone deleted because I still need it to function as a ringtone for one of my contacts.

Help. I need a simple way to resolve this issue. Thanks.

David :(

I'm not sure, but I believe if you put the file into a folder named "ringtones" on your SD card then it won't show up in music player.

One other thing that *may* work, using a file browser like Root Explorer, create a new blank file in the directory with the ringtones called ".nomedia" (note the 'dot' at the beginning of file name). This will keep the tones from appearing in any media application (works with directories with pics and/or videos too if you want to keep private stuff out of your gallery). What I'm not sure of is whether doing this will prevent those ringtones from being select-able when choosing in the settings.