Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bond32
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Global phone - Note 2 is, why not S3 already??!!

What a joke. VZW and/or Samsung should be sued for fraud. I bought the S3 (pre-ordered, in fact) on the promise that they would update the S3 as a global phone soon after launch. Nothing yet, after months.

Now the Note 2 is released and it's a global phone at launch.

What a bunch of lying crooks, the whole lot of them.

Default Re: Global phone - Note 2 is, why not S3 already??!!

Quote Originally Posted by WilburNJ View Post
    What a joke. VZW and/or Samsung should be sued for fraud. I bought the S3 (pre-ordered, in fact) on the promise that they would update the S3 as a global phone soon after launch. Nothing yet, after months.

I thought I read somewhere all new cdma phones with LTE have to have gsm bands as well because of the fcc ruling?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by WilburNJ View Post

While the premise of you point is valid, the lesson here is: never buy a mobile device (or any computer-type of device for that matter) based on features promised with a "soon-to-be-released" update.

I'm not defending Verizon/Samsung here -- I think you're right...

But history shows that unless the phone HAS the feature when you buy it, there's no guarantees.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Haha!
    I WILL NEVER BELIEVE ANYTHING PROMISED FROM VERIZON AGAIN!
    Personally I just upgraded to the S3 from the Rezound about 2 weeks ago..and the Rezound was sold as and also in print that Global Capabilites were "coming by end of summer"..Still as of now my wifes Rezound has yet to get this promised update. In fact I have tweeted verizon support and heres the responses :

Aug 11 2012
    Me: Rezound was marketed to me as a "Global Ready Phone" and update "Coming Soon". Going to France in Sept, when is soon?
    Verizon: I understand the frustrations of waiting on an update. At this time we don't have a release date

Oct 14 2012
    Me: Rezound Global update? I was sold this phone as a Global phone. advertised in print as coming this summer. when will you update?
    Verizon: Hang in there. I see you've been patiently waiting. Check out http://bit.ly/SWcHZS for more info about global option updates.

Nov 19 2012
    Me: Rezound Global update? I was sold this phone as a Global phone. advertised in print as coming this summer. It's almost winter ?
    Verizon: Thanks for inquiring! Our records do not indicate global capability having been built in to that device.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Sue away... It will provide everyone with a good laugh.

And by the way just install the JB leak. It has global capabilities in the mobile networks settings.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    4G LTE Thunderbolt
    Kage87Z likes this.

X1. The global setting is prominent in the JB leak and works perfectly.

whoa..this is the first Ive heard of this. Are you saying by rooting and installing latest JB that global capabilities work? Im aware of the XDA global "hack" but I hadnt heard anything about stock global with JB. can you confirm this for me?

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by Berry me a G View Post
    whoa..this is the first Ive heard of this. Are you saying by rooting and installing latest JB that global capabilities work? Im aware of the XDA global "hack" but I hadnt heard anything about stock global with JB. can you confirm this for me?
    It should, but I personally haven't tried. No way for me to test it. Do you have another sim card to use?

4G LTE Thunderbolt

As soon as I updated to the leak, my gs3 said it was now switching to global capability mode

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

4G LTE Thunderbolt
    A delicious bass...

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.2, JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by jdfrye1966 View Post
    Haha!
    I WILL NEVER BELIEVE ANYTHING PROMISED FROM VERIZON AGAIN!
    Personally I just upgraded to the S3 from the Rezound about 2 weeks ago..and the Rezound was sold as and also in print that Global Capabilites were "coming by end of summer"..Still as of now my wifes Rezound has yet to get this promised update. In fact I have tweeted verizon support and heres the responses :

Aug 11 2012
    Me: Rezound was marketed to me as a "Global Ready Phone" and update "Coming Soon". Going to France in Sept, when is soon?
    Verizon: I understand the frustrations of waiting on an update. At this time we don't have a release date

Oct 14 2012
    Me: Rezound Global update? I was sold this phone as a Global phone. advertised in print as coming this summer. when will you update?
    Verizon: Hang in there. I see you've been patiently waiting. Check out http://bit.ly/SWcHZS for more info about global option updates.

Nov 19 2012
    Me: Rezound Global update? I was sold this phone as a Global phone. advertised in print as coming this summer. It's almost winter ?
    Verizon: Thanks for inquiring! Our records do not indicate global capability having been built in to that device.
    Did you update to ICS? 4.0 has the global radios, I've updated customer devices in store months ago who needed that feature. Mine is also global-ready..

Quote Originally Posted by Bond32 View Post
    Sue away... It will provide everyone with a good laugh.

And by the way just install the JB leak. It has global capabilities in the mobile networks settings.

I'm running the newest JB leak for the GS3, and my co-workers are jealous of the global function (many have the same phone)..

I'm waiting on store ops to give me a heads-up of when the update is coming, someone mentioned after the RAZR HD/MaxxHD updates which are going on now..

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox View Post
    Did you update to ICS? 4.0 has the global radios, I've updated customer devices in store months ago who needed that feature. Mine is also global-ready..
    Yes most of us in the Rezound forums did update to ICS. I have 3 Rezounds and took one of them into the store to get it Global ready for a trip, Guy was never able to do i., the update that is out there is a leak. All of my Rezound are as you say "global ready"..they have the radios in them but no software to use them
    If you were able to update customers Rezounds in the store please share how to do this and you/I can post this information in the Rezound forums which will be headline news.
    The Global Mode RUU firmware image 4.03.605.2 is NOT official from Verizon, it was never OTA'ed it is a leak from HTC...

great to know about global update w/ leak...has anyone been able to pop in another sim or go overseas yet?