Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Insufficient storage available? Umm yes there is....whats the deal???

Quote Originally Posted by slavestate View Post
    Edit: think I got it sorted. There was an .odex file from Angry Birds SW left over in /data/app. I deleted that and bam now it reinstalled.
    I would suggest trying this, for anyone who is still experiencing this issue. Especially if you know you have enough space and have tried other options.

I could not update or even reinstall a backup of Bike Race Free. After deleting the .odex file, it worked fine. I would say to look in /data/app for a .odex file of the app/game you are experiencing issues with, and delete it. Then try installing again.

If trying to reinstall an app that you previously removed, also take a look in locations like /data/data and /sdcard/android/data to see if there is a folder for it, then delete it.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Insufficient storage available? Umm yes there is....whats the deal???

Fab! Thank you! It worked for me :-)

Thank you. I've been trying different suggestions all day and this one actually worked.

Quote Originally Posted by 07kngrnch View Post
    Tried downloading an app from the play store (a few seperate ones at seperate times actually) and it says insufficient storage available but several gb internal and external available. Whats the deal??
    Cant download anything it says insufficient storage available but I have 493mb left! Plz help!!!!

Sent from my samsung galaxy tab 3

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aidan Mathis View Post
    it says insufficient storage available but I have 493mb left!
    Is that 493MB left on your SD card or internal memory? If the latter, be aware that bad things start to happen when there's less than 1GB of internal memory remaining.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

I pretty much love you right now. I have tried approximately 1,526 things to solve my problem and this was 100 times easier than any of them and actually worked.

For some reason these instructions seemed to make sense so going into my millionth attempt at this I thought for sure that this time, I had it! Not so much... *defeated sigh* The first problem I am running into with this is getting the SDK tools installed correctly into the correct location. It let me choose so this attempt I tried choosing C:\Program Files (x86) for the program (I have seen this path in instructions for doing this) so now its installed I start CMD and BOOM my inexperience leaves me flailing! Maybe I need to understand the mechanics of using command prompt..? *shrugs helplessly* I honestly have no idea what to do to execute what may be the simplest

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by CluelessGurlee View Post
    Maybe I need to understand the mechanics of using command prompt..?
    Perhaps we should start at the beginning? What is the problem you're having?
    When did it start?
    What does your Storage view show (post a screenshot please)?
    Ex. Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

I found that this works on my Huawei G700-u10, which is rooted, but no custom ROM nor a custom Recovery, but Xposed Framework installed and functional:

- Go to settings/apps and find Play Store app
    - Clear cache Play Store app
    - Uninstall all updates of the Play Store app
    - Restart the app
    The app being an Android system app it will rejuvenate itself, so to speak, i.e. it will automatically reinstall all updates.

Pronto, this solved the problem. At least with my device.

I had a similar problem with a Samsung Tab 2.
    A message kept coming up, "not enough storage space..."
    I had 3.4 GB of videos stored and was unable to open my "Gallery". Also, I was unable use my camera and was unable to delete the unwanted videos that were gunking up my tablet.
    Samsung support directed me to do the following.
    - Press to open the "Apps" icon on the home page
    - Press to open "My Files"
    - Press to open "sdcard0"
    - Press to open "DCIM"
    - Press to open "Camera"
    At this point all our photos and videos will be listed.
    - Check the box beside the videos you want to delete.
    - Press the " trash can" icon at the top of the screen
    - And - Poof- those videos are gone
    If you delete enough videos and open up enough space your camera and "Gallery" should be operational again

I have a Galaxy Rush on the Boostmobile network. I have a 32g sd card in my phone, but I can't move apps to my card. Several times a "storage" alert appeared - warning me that things may not work properly unless I free up working memory. The only solution I've been able to find is to reset the phone to factory settings and re-install apps. Doesn't erase sd card files. Sucks really - need to get a better phone soon.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12