Insufficient storage available? Umm yes there is....whats the deal???

07kngrnch

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Tried downloading an app from the play store (a few seperate ones at seperate times actually) and it says insufficient storage available but several gb internal and external available. Whats the deal??

07kngrnch

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
16gb model with 32gb sd card..... Both still have PLENTY of room according to storage in settings

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

07kngrnch

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I think it might just be the app I'm trying to download.... Others download just fine. Weird....

07kngrnch

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Okay.... It's only doing it for led notification apps. I am rooted, unlocked, and running cleanrom. Help!

pank

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
If you back out of the Google play store and try again does that solve it? Back when I had my Dinc & Rezound this would happen from time to time. When it did happen if I closed out the Play store and tried again it would normally correct itself right away. I did some research back then and from various posts just came to the conclusion that it was a sporadic bug with the Play store.

Not sure but maybe try clearing cache and data via your app manager for the play store as well...

WilburNJ

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Try uninstalling all updates to the Play store app, then re-installing updates again. That was what I did to get instagram installed on my S3. Before that, Play store kept informing me that my device (the S3) was not compatible with instagram.

I have no idea if this will help you, but maybe one of the Play store updates was corrupted when installing....

slavestate

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to try clearing the store updates when I get home. I'm running into the same issue on both my Galaxy S2 AND my Galaxy Tab 2. Never had the problem until I put the stock jellybean leaks on both. I haven't heard any complaints yet from CM users so it maybe a Samsung bug with 4.1.1..
My GS2 with about 100mb free couldn't even update a 13mb Facebook, and last night my Tab wouldn't let me install a 40mb game when its got 1gb free! Its starting to really irritate me!

Edit: think I got it sorted. There was an .odex file from Angry Birds SW left over in /data/app. I deleted that and bam now it reinstalled.

Last edited:

IrONE_17

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Google Play error message "Insufficient Storage Available", here the solution: go to,

1. Settings
2. Applications
3. Manage Applications
4. click "All" tab
5. go to " Google Service Framework" and select "Clear Data"
6. go to "Google Play Store" and select "Clear Data"
and then select "Uninstall Updates", and click "Force Stop"(optional)
7. Last, Shut down and restart your Android
hv fun!!:)

uthier

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the Sprint variant of the Galaxy S3 (SPH-L710) with a lot of free space, both internally and on the SD card. Every morning as I turn on my phone, I see more than half a dozen notifications of failed updates, all with ISA as the cause. I tried the procedure outlined above word for word, and then tried to update Facebook. It failed - ISA. I then uninstalled Facebook, and tried to install it back. No luck - ISA.
Any other suggestions? Please..

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
uthier,
Are you running the stock firmware?
You could try booting into Recovery mode (with the phone turned completely off, press and hold the Home button AND Volume Up button AND Power button, and don't release them until you see the splash screen) and clearing the cache.
Or you could remove your Google account and add it back.
Can you post a screenshot of your Storage view?
If all else fails, it's time for a Factory Reset.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

xblade724

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
mahdik23 Old 19th April 2013, 04:56 AM (Last edited by mahdik23; 19th April 2013 at 05:02 AM.) #57
Thanks Meter 0

just do the belove steps :
1-install the lasted version of android sdk
2-install samsung galaxy driver on your pc or laptop
3-turn USB DEBUGGING on(Go to Settings -> Applications -> Development and enable USB debugging.)
4-connect your galaxy s3(or other devices)to pc via cable
5-run CMD on your computer(on Windows: click Start, type ?cmd? and press Enter)
6-type F: (the drive that your android sdk is in)
7-type cd "F:\andsdk\android-sdk\platform-tools" (the drive that your android sdk is in)(we need platform-tools folder to do our work)
8-type adb devices
9-type adb shell
10-type pm set-install-location 1
11-type exit
12-smile and install all the play store apps

Mahdi Kahkesh From IRAN

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000