• 1 Post By EriikaYaheel
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Default Music playing only out of left headphone

Hey guys,
    I have been listening to music using my headphome jack fine until literally later today...It just stopped playing music out of my right headphone alltogether! I dont know what happened and was hoping it was an isolated incident, and was simply some bad wiring on the headphones part until I tried another pair and It those headphones only played out the left one too :/ What can I/ should I do?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Music playing only out of left headphone

What music player are u using? Try restarting the phone, or check pan settings if ur music player has it

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -

Is your sound set to mono audio? Look under settings>accessibility>under hearing there's a mono audio checkbox. If that's checked it will only use one headphone. I believe there is a widget u can use as well to toggle on/off. Hopefully this helps

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Im using Google Music and I tried all that but it didnt work :/ I think its a hardware issue now

If you have access to compressed air you can try blowing out the headphone jack - it's possible that some pocket lint or something got in there. If that doesn't work, and you're sure that the headphones are fully plugged in, then it sounds like your phone bit the dust.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

I've had the exact same thing happen with my S3. In my case it was an issue with the far outside ring contact in my headphone port. I was able to use a very small screwdriver to gently pry this contact more into the plug chamber. This solved my issues but be careful as the contact is fairly delicate.
    nyry likes this.

From your Galaxy S3 go to settings >> Accessibility >> scroll down to Hearing then click on Sound balance and make sure that the blue line is right in the middle for equal hearing. Hope it helps.
    nyry likes this.

It seems to be a recurring hardware issue with the s3. I just noticed that my phone had the same issue, so I tightened the screws under the battery cover and that has helped.

Thumbs up Re: Music playing only out of left headphone

I got a brand new pair of Skullcandy FMJ's today. This was happening to me but not on the computer so I knew it wasn't the headphones. Also on my phone I could listen to YouTube just fine, so it was just the Music App on my LG Optimus G Pro. After reading this I went and set the slider all on right (under the setting you mentioned.) This then allowed the right one to work then I set it back to the middle. I guess my glitch was an isolated one. Thank You!
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

I had a similar issue, but it was app specific: PowerAmp was not effected, but all other music players (Jango, Concert Vault, etc) were stuck with only the left channel output.

After trying all the obvious, it turned out to be a bug with certain versions of LeanKernel and a retrograde kernel flash fixed it both times (LK7.0 on AOSP 4.2.2 works fine; 7.2 does not). Something to keep in mind if you are using a custom kernel or have recently performed a ROM update.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.

can you show me how i could fix it like you ???