- 1,010 Posts
Not being able to move certain files and apps to SD sucks
The Galaxy S3 is restricted with how you can move certain files to external storage. You cannot move apps to SD also and this is so not cool. I still have my Evo 3D, so I have to put the Sd card in there and transfer the files I want to on my pc using my Evo 3D and then put the SD card back into my S3. This is annoying but it is what it is. So I guess if you have an older phone without the restrictions on moving files and apps to SD, don't be so fast to get rid of it.
My GS3 sleeps in the bed and my girlfriend sleeps on the couch.
- 12-02-2012, 03:21 PM #2
- 4,208 Posts
- 1,010 Posts
Re: Not being able to move certain files and apps to SD sucks
Well I was using android zip to move some stuff around from the internal storage to the external storage and it gave me a message "cannot move file due to restrictions on your device" or something to that effect. Music and pics are not an issue but apk's, a backup folder I had on my PC and such cannot be moved. But they can be put on the SD card from PC if I put the card in my Evo. I've used Air Droid for wireless file transfer with my Evo 3D but haven't tried it yet on my S3. I guess my issue is with ICS and not specifically with the S3 but you know I had to blame the phone too lmao.
- By jd07bos in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 12-07-2011, 10:45 PM
- By Doc in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 1Last Post: 01-19-2011, 03:00 PM
- By Air Force One in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 11-06-2010, 08:31 PM
- By whitenack in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 8Last Post: 06-04-2010, 01:40 PM
- By mobiledevice in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 53Last Post: 06-02-2010, 06:46 PM