Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool Wifi popup removal dialer code no longer works?

Hey guys.
    Ive had my S3 since August and used the *#6335623# dialer code to get rid of the annoying Wifi popup. I recently did a factory reset on my phone and that dreaded popup is back and the code no longer works for me. I have tried many times and it just doesnt open the menu up like it used to do. Did VZW change this in an update that got pushed out? Are there any other codes or ways to get rid of the Wifi popup that dont require rooting?

**Edit**
    My baseband version is: I535VRLHE

Thanks!
    Last edited by xderiwx; 12-02-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Default Re: Wifi popup removal dialer code no longer works?

I previously did the *#6335623# to stop that irritating "pop up". I also just recently did a factory reset on my S3 and now can not do the*#6335623#. Luckily I'm not getting that irritating pop up anymore so have no need to do the*#6335623# trick. So are you still getting the "pop up notification"?

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted, Unlocked

Yes the dialer and editing with sqlite don't work anymore. I can't get the constant nag in the notification area (pull down) to go away. Long pressing and force closing it works only until the next reboot.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by racquetballer View Post
    I previously did the *#6335623# to stop that irritating "pop up". I also just recently did a factory reset on my S3 and now can not do the*#6335623#. Luckily I'm not getting that irritating pop up anymore so have no need to do the*#6335623# trick. So are you still getting the "pop up notification"?
    Yeah i was getting it after the factory reset. For some reason though, unchecking the "notify me" box in the wifi section seems to be taking care of it. That never worked before, i needed to punch the number in the dialer. What baseband versions are you guys on? Could they have made changes without anyone really noticing?

Quote Originally Posted by xderiwx View Post
    Yeah i was getting it after the factory reset. For some reason though, unchecking the "notify me" box in the wifi section seems to be taking care of it. That never worked before, i needed to punch the number in the dialer. What baseband versions are you guys on? Could they have made changes without anyone really noticing?
    I'm on I535VRLHE. After researching the subject it appears they closed up the *#6335623# and they supposedly they fixed the "pop up" notification. I have not had any "pop up" wifi notifications after the factory reset.