Gs3 problems

mlb2305

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
When I first got this phone I loved it but now I am having some consistent problems:
1. Not receiving calls even when I have at least 3 signal bars. My wife will call several times and it goes to VM after two rings on her end. This is also occurring on her Gs3 as well. This did not happen on our Charges.

2. Many of my texts fail to send even when there appears to be ample signal strength.

3. The latest problem which started yesterday is when surfing the web the browser closes and it takes me back to the home screen.

Any clue as to what the deal is? Verizon... Phone... Both? Starting to get annoying. Thanks for any input.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

D850

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I would try a factory reset or getting a replacement phone. My web browser closes on its own some times it maybe the web site that the browser doesn't like or it can't handle. For the texting problem you have to have a data connection to send texts. On rare occasions my phone won't ring but I will get a voicemail notification but I resolved that my putting my phone in a different spot in my house when I am home and that has seems to have solved it. Also what kind of case are you using on your phone? If it has metal in it or a magnet it will mess with your GS3. I had to switch from the seidio active case with kickstand to the same case without the metal kickstand that uses a magnet to hold the kickstand in. And that solved the signal issue and phone call issue.

breeze

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
1 and 2 sound like a poor signal problem or Verizon overload. For 3 stop using the stock browser and use something like Chrome instead. Chrome stopped all of my browser and black screen problems.

mlb2305

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I only have a plastic case on the phone... No metal.

Wouldn't you figure with three bars I should have no issues with receiving calls and sending texts? I experience the same thing as you with all of a sudden having a vm when i had no incoming calls. You figure this phone would have a better radio then the DROID charge.

I guess I can try chrome but many of the reviewers ended up going back to stock browser.

mlb2305

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I tried a different browser and had the same issues with a particular site so at least that isn't the phone or vz issue.

mlb2305

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I was wrong. I fired up my Charge and had no issues on the site that's giving me the problems on my Gs3.

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Ive recently been having that browser problem you describe. No idea what the problem is as ive used it for a couple months with no problems. Then all of a sudden its force closing on sites ive had no problems with. I found that checking the "desktop view" option seems to allow the browser to work as normal. Can you try that and let me know how it goes for you? Also, what baseband version are you on?

I started a thread about this in the regular S3 section to hopefully get some help.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
When I first got this phone I loved it but now I am having some consistent problems:
1. Not receiving calls even when I have at least 3 signal bars. My wife will call several times and it goes to VM after two rings on her end. This is also occurring on her Gs3 as well. This did not happen on our Charges.

2. Many of my texts fail to send even when there appears to be ample signal strength.

3. The latest problem which started yesterday is when surfing the web the browser closes and it takes me back to the home screen.

Any clue as to what the deal is? Verizon... Phone... Both? Starting to get annoying. Thanks for any input.

Numbers 1 and 2 sound like the dreaded "No SIM" error (example here). For what it's worth, I got this a lot when I first got my phone, but haven't had it happen in a few months now. Some say that the issue was related to Verizon's towers and not necessarily the phone, although it was only S3 owners that were being affected. Since I rooted and upgraded to Clean Rom (with the latest radios), I haven't had any issues, but it could also be that Verizon has since updated their towers near me as well...who knows?

mlb2305

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
The site that keeps shutting down only has desk top version. I never had a problem until this past weekend.

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
The site that keeps shutting down only has desk top version. I never had a problem until this past weekend.

My sites are desktop versions also, but while youre on that particular site, hit the menu key and try checking on "desktop view".

I have the same baseband version. Maybe something to it?

ljhgeist

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I only have a plastic case on the phone... No metal.

Wouldn't you figure with three bars I should have no issues with receiving calls and sending texts? I experience the same thing as you with all of a sudden having a vm when i had no incoming calls. You figure this phone would have a better radio then the DROID charge.

I guess I can try chrome but many of the reviewers ended up going back to stock browser.

I've tried all the browsers... I really really like Dolphin Browser. I haven't had a single issue with it and it's easy to navigate but still full of features. Try it out and see what you think..

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Ivenever had any issue wit my browser I use chrome 98% of tha time tha rest is stock browsers but no issues try getting a warranty exchange

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

mlb2305

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I tried chrome (barely worked)... Dolphin (did same as stock browser) another one that started with an M (did same as stock and kicked me off) firefox (didn't kick me off but I couldn't navigate the site).... Opera mini seems to be working.

ljhgeist

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried chrome (barely worked)... Dolphin (did same as stock browser) another one that started with an M (did same as stock and kicked me off) firefox (didn't kick me off but I couldn't navigate the site).... Opera mini seems to be working.

Wow.. Sounds like you have some issues somewhere.. That sucks.. Hope it's not contagious.. Lol. Maybe your phone just prefers a certain browser and now you've found it..

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
This browser issue just started with me on cm10....I have tried every browser :( what is going on? Link to thread you made about this issue, I cant find it

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
why is it that I can not get rid of icons when I delete them on my SG3? I have a password app/widget I'm trying to remove and it wont go away even with a restart of the device. Any suggestions?