Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GSM imei/esn question

Hello, I have a theoretical situation. Lets say I cancelled my verizon contract and didn't pay the balance. Then figured out how to make my sch- I535 work on GSM carriers. Will I be able use the phone on straight talk with a bad esn from Verizon? even though GSM carriers use imei? Im confused on how this works. Thanks for the help in advance

Default Re: GSM imei/esn question

Quote Originally Posted by Jcuervo947 View Post
    Hello, I have a theoretical situation. Lets say I cancelled my verizon contract and didn't pay the balance. Then figured out how to make my sch- I535 work on GSM carriers. Will I be able use the phone on straight talk with a bad esn from Verizon? even though GSM carriers use imei? Im confused on how this works. Thanks for the help in advance
    Pay your bill! Should be ashamed putting that out in public!

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

If you don't pay the final bill the ESN is flagged of the phone.

Edit: reread your post. I think the esn is still with Verizon so it wouldn't activate. I don't know 100 percent though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Pulled from the Android Central Rules/Guidelines...

Illegal Activities - Do not post, link, discuss, or request warez, serials, ROMs, or illegal copies of intellectual property of others. Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning & phone programming modifications are also forbidden in the forums. AC has a zero tolerance policy on such posts.
    Any questions feel free to PM me.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.