Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts

Default And Verizon is now the last to release jelly bean.

ATT has released jellybean for th. S3..kind of.. Via Kies. Sad.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: And Verizon is now the last to release jelly bean.

After all of the complaining I have done in the AT&T sub forum, and main S3 forum I am proud to announce my AT&T S3 now has official Jelly Bean. Here's to hoping you guys are next. I was able to upgrade via Kies on my MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion too for those who were wondering.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Painful.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    After all of the complaining I have done in the AT&T sub forum, and main S3 forum I am proud to announce my AT&T S3 now has official Jelly Bean. Here's to hoping you guys are next. .
    Lol. I bet ya a whole dollar bill Verizon is next.
    Thanked by:
    Kamen likes this.

Pathetic is more like it. I cannot believe Verizon has dragged their feet so much that they are last to update. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by leroybrute View Post
    Lol. I bet ya a whole dollar bill Verizon is next.
    That would be a smart bet to make unless of course US Cellular decided to push out the upgrade first! LOL
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts

I also now have the note 2..so I kind of have been using my S3 as a back up.

Oh shush How do you like the Note 2? I want one too.

They are making sure the bootloader is super locked and device can't be rooted. Plus jamming all the bloatware in so to take up space and slow it down.
    Steve

Ricky Babalu likes this.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by sfobrien View Post
    They are making sure the bootloader is super locked and device can't be rooted. Plus jamming all the bloatware in so to take up space and slow it down.
    Said the same about the gs3... also I hardly think its slow with the bloat lol.

4G LTE Thunderbolt

They're fine tuning all their bloatware, that is useless.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

Originally Posted by sfobrien
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond32 View Post
    Said the same about the gs3... also I hardly think its slow with the bloat lol.

I agree it runs good stock but throw CleanROM on it and it runs like it should!
    Steve

I've had it for months..... What took you so long?

I second sfobrien's suggestion. CleanROM 5 is the best version of the 4.1 update I've used.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
    Oh shush How do you like the Note 2? I want one too.
    Two words.. F'n amazing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reever View Post
    I've had it for months..... What took you so long?

I second sfobrien's suggestion. CleanROM 5 is the best version of the 4.1 update I've used.
    +2

Rooting may not be an option for everyone, but if it really means that much to you, there are options out there....

I am in that boat. I like to root mostly so I can backup app data, but I do not like custom ROMs at all.

I have been waiting for JB to root, I know it will be released as soon as I do... so to everyone out there, I am sorry for making all of you wait JB.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgalis View Post
    so to everyone out there, I am sorry for making all of you wait JB.
    Well, shame on you.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

Reminds me of the months and months of waiting for the promised upgrades to the Xoom. At least Big Red is consistent.

Lazy bums

The amazing galaxy s3
    Android4life

My favorite is how the Razr M has already got 4.1. But oh well I just ordered the Note 2 so I could care less now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I am in that boat. I like to root mostly so I can backup app data, but I do not like custom ROMs at all.

I have been waiting for JB to root, I know it will be released as soon as I do... so to everyone out there, I am sorry for making all of you wait JB.
    *IF* you're planning on rooting anyway, you're best bet is to DO IT NOW! The official JB update may very well lock down the known exploits being used to gain root and unlock bootloader, so it's highly possible you won't be able to root after the update.

IMO, waiting for an update prior to rooting is counter-productive. Seize the day! Root now, root early, root often! Don't let VZW dictate your update schedule! Once you root, you can always install any new updates manually, as its usually pretty easy to find a stock rooted version of any update released...especially for a phone this popular.

Again, *IF* you're planning on rooting anyway, it would be better to root now, and manually install a rooted version of the update once it's released. As a bonus, you could go ahead and install or one of the other many JB flavors already floating around out there to get a taste of what's coming. I know some folks are weary of "beta" or "leaked" releases, but I assure you that CR is about as stable as they come. (I can't testify to any others as I haven't tried any other builds based on the newest leak...haven't had a reason to).

Clean ROM, while it may be a custom ROM, can be configured to be pretty much stock, but with nice little extras. Of course, if you really don't want custom at all, you can just install the stock version of the latest JB leak:
    Ricky Babalu likes this.

Keep in mind that if you take the JB update on a unrooted/locked phone, you may not be able to root after. They will probably fix the holes that allowed root. You may still be able to use Odin to flash back to a rootable ICS release, but you'll be forced to use a 3rd party ROM to get JB.

So, if your plan is to root your phone, you may not want to wait for JB. I would suggest something like CleanROM. It's mostly stock, but you can control what bloat gets installed.

*edit - department of redundancy department.

There was a thread exactly like this for ICS on the Verizon Razr. Seems rather pointless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
    There was a thread exactly like this for ICS on the Verizon Razr. Seems rather pointless to me.
    Pointless perhaps, but what amazes me is that folks are still surprised that Verizon is last to the table with an update. Everyone should have known back in July that whenever it was that JB was released for the Verizon S3, it would come after pretty much every other carrier had pushed it out.

I'm not necessarily bashing Verizon for this, as frustrating as it may be -- because you can argue that the more users and devices you have on a network, the more stringent your R&D process must be for software updates, as well as the time to train support staff. None the less, there's no reason to act shocked when it happens...again and again. To quote one of my favorite movies, "They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into...I say, let em crash!"

Personally, it doesn't bother me one bit as long as I can root and update as I want.

Good point. I didn't wait with my Bionic, and to be honest, I always accepted the OTAs while rooted and never had a problem and never lost root. I have only rooted Moto devices, so I do not know what to expect on the S3. I just hate the idea of making a mistake and losing my data or bricking it.

I may give it a shot later tonight.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast