1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AllShareCast Dongle S/W Update

Anyone else get this update in their Play Store? Is there anyway to get rid of this update from the list? I don't want it. I'm never going to use it. I didn't even know I had it installed. I don't even care about removing it from my phone. I just want it removed from the Play Store so I can just hit update all when apps need updating.

I disabled AllShare Controller. I'm stock and not rooted.

Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: AllShareCast Dongle S/W Update

If it's disabled, doesn't it disappear from updates? I am recalling all my disabled stuff does. I was getting update notifications for google play books and music. I unistalled updates, force stopped them and disabled them. They disappeared from the update list in Play. I'm with you. That's something I will never, ever use.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That's what I thought about disabling it, but it just popped up today out of nowhere. It's not listed in my apps list in the play store but if I "update" it then it all of sudden appears on the list.

And of I uninstall it after updating it then it appears back in the update area.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

From what I can gather is that it isn't on the phone when we get it at least not here in the US, then when you do an update it's in the list. I know when I got the phone there were a bunch of updates and I hadn't installed any apps yet. When I went to disable it the button said Uninstall Updates and I did, it disappeared but then show up in the update list again.

I'm like the others I won't use it and don't want it, at least let us Disable it.

AllShareCast Dongle S/W Update is the package called FWUpgrade. I'm rooted and used Titanium Backup to freeze it and detach it from the market. No more update. If you Update the firmware (stock) it will come back tho.
    Thanked by:
    GSDer