Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cmslick3
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 and Samsung LCD tv connections?

Hey everyone, I'm new to these forums but not to technology, hehe. Anyways, im sure this prolly isn't the right section to post this question in but here I go anyways.
    So after doing a little research, I found out my Verizon Galaxy S3 is compatible with my Samsung 48 inch LCD tv, to use all share and to use my phone as a remote. My tv is a C-600 model. I've been trying for a couple days to make this connection work, all to no avail. After extensive research I've come to the conclusion that you need an aftermarket attachment for my Tv to be able to connect to wi-fi, and thus, be able to link with my phone. Can anyone confirm this, and tell me where I might find said adapter? Like a said, my Tv is a C-600 from 2010 and I know it's compatible with the remote app and with all share, and but every time I try to find my Tv from my all share play app on my phone it doesn't work and vice versa. I really want to get the most out of my phone and TV, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Nick

Default Re: Galaxy S3 and Samsung LCD tv connections?

Bump for interest

Sent from my JBS3
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Can anyone offer any advice?

Global Posts
    2,747 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

You need the Samsung LinkStick adapter to connect to your wifi network. AllShare works over your wifi network, not peer-to-peer.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

And how much is that little doo-hickey? Probably like 65$..lol . just my luck. Think I can get it at my local Staples? Or will I have to buy it online? Thanks alot!

I bought this at SEARS. It cost about 60-65 and it is awesome for streaming Netflix and others.

I was surprised that SEARS had this, but they did. Best Buy might have this as well.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Well I don't have best buy or Sears, only staples. It's cool though I'm sure I can find it now that I know what I'm looking for.
    So was it pretty easy to connect once you had it?
    Also, what is your experience with remote control apps? Have they worked pretty good for you? I tried the samygo remote app. Didn't work with out the wifi thingy.

Just order it via the internet.

just connect it to the tv and then in the menu find the internet connections area and then set it up with your WIFI information and your good to go.

All the apps that you use will need wifi, without it you can't do anything. Also Allshare works fine. Netflix, mlb.tv, hulu, and others work perfectly with the wifi adapter connected.

All you need to do is connect the TV to the same network your wifi is on. I did this with an Ethernet cable plugged into my network and then into the TV. You don't absolutely NEED the wifi adapter for the TV unless it doesn't have an Ethernet port.

The Samsung remote app will not work on the Samsung Galaxy S3 for some reason. SammyGo works pretty well for me. You have to get the remote app to find the TV and then on the TV you have to accept the connection and allow the remote to work. If you have another Android device I would suggest trying the Samsung remote app on one of them, I have it on my TF300 tablet, it's a little more functional than SammyGo.

Also the All Share version on the phone and on the TV are likely different. The phone app requires you to have a Samsung account to sync your medial with their cloud servers. I decided I didn't want them to see all I have so I use a different DLNA media app called aVia. I have not tried streaming movies or music from the phone to the TV but pictures do work fine.

Edit:
    Can you also please verify the full model number of your TV.
    I have UN55C9000.

Also, just found this myself in the Play store, Smart TV Remote. Has some good info in the description on getting the network remote to work.
    Last edited by cmslick3; 12-07-2012 at 01:20 PM.
    shane1985 likes this.

hi i dont know if any one can help me. i have been playing on line movies from fmovief through my samsung galaxy s3 and to my new samsung tv and its all been working fine. yesterday i tried to to do the normal selecting a film waiting for the little box with the arrow to come up but it didnt instead it will only letme watch on my mobile . have i turned something off without knowing please please help.