Just bought the new SG III -3 Love it BUT I dropped it... What are my options here?

Hyp106

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys...

I just got my new phone(4 days ago...)and I was really happy and exited about it. I was getting my car and all of a sudden I hear something that dropped... I wished and ooow yea thats my new phone laid on the ground. There is a small crack on the top tip of the phone and a HUGE one at the bottom right corner! Thankfully nothing happened to the screen BUT I was wondering what are my options?

I have the one year manufacture warranty and a Version equipment warranty for 6.99$ a month. Do you guys I have a chance to repair this phone?!
Or am I going to repair it for 300$?

Yea guys I need your help and advice!

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys...

I just got my new phone(4 days ago...)and I was really happy and exited about it. I was getting my car and all of a sudden I hear something that dropped... I wished and ooow yea thats my new phone laid on the ground. There is a small crack on the top tip of the phone and a HUGE one at the bottom right corner! Thankfully nothing happened to the screen BUT I was wondering what are my options?

I have the one year manufacture warranty and a Version equipment warranty for 6.99$ a month. Do you guys I have a chance to repair this phone?!
Or am I going to repair it for 300$?

Yea guys I need your help and advice!

Manufacturer warranty won't cover this -- that's for device defects, not human destruction. You could make a warranty claim, but you will have lay down a deductible, and I believe you can only make one claim per device, so my advice would be to be careful in the future.

Tough to say what repair options are without seeing what damage is done -- could you post pic?

If the screen is intact and the device still works fine, maybe all you need to find a decent case to hide the blemishes?

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
If your screen isn't cracked just throw a case mate or seideo active on it. Won't be able to see any blemishes. It will cost you 99$ to go the equipment route. Manufacture warranty only works for defects. Either way your more then likely going to get a CLNR ( certified like new replacement) device. If you can live with throwing a case on it being more aware of your phone that might be the best thing!!

sent from CletuS the almighty S3

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You can get a square trade warranty but it will cost you about 70$ for the warranty and a 99$ deductible. Cost you about 170 for a new phone.
I know it sucks, and this is why I have so many different cases...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Post a pic if you can. If the damage is just superficial then I'd also suggest getting a case. Seidio active offers good protection with little bulk. You can also get one with a kickstand. That version may run $25 but you may find a better deal.

If you want to give up some protection for reduced bulk then a tpu case is a good option. I have a diztronic and I love it. I also have the Seidio case, but use the diztronic most of the time. This case is less than $10.

In any case (pun not intended) there are a LOT of options.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007