Hello,
    recently I changed to a Samsung Galaxy S3 and the only problem I have right now is that I can not send longer text messages.
    On my old phone it just automatically split them up I can not find way to do that on this phone.
    I would rather not install anything (different apps for texts because that is how my htc thunderbolt bit the dust)
    Please Help
    12-07-2012 11:48 AM
    How long of message are you talking about? I have the stock messaging app and I can pretty much send a book if I want. Haven't found a limit yet.

Not sure what the issue would be bimut perhaps check the messaging app settings to make sure there isn't a truncate character setting? I don't remember one but it is a thought.

Otherwise a factory reset or alternate messaging app may be in order to see if it was a faulty setting in the software. I would use the factory reset as a last resort.

Good luck.

Update: I can't find a specific setting for truncating the length of message. Only the number of messages you can keep. Sorry I'm not much help here.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums
    mvagusta likes this.
    12-08-2012 01:10 AM
    I assume longer then 160 characters.
    Do you think it is a Verizon issue? But then again if the HTC worked then why wouldn't the SGS3!!
    It is very frustrating, I believe I will go to the Verizon store and have them mess with it!
    Thank you for your Reply!
    drmaf894c likes this.
    12-08-2012 07:16 AM
    Good luck!

Hope they can help. That would be very irritating of it were happening to me. Hope they can fix it for you.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums
    12-11-2012 12:34 AM
    Do you have your mobile data turned on? I have the same problem with long messages, but when I turn data on, it goes through.
    12-11-2012 01:15 PM