Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default OEM samsung OTG cable instantly bricked GS3 !!!

so ive been wanting a OTG cable to fullly take advantage of all the cool things the SG3 offers. After reading a lot of post and looking on EBay/ Amazon I went with the "official" samsung cord as I didnt want any problems..So when I attached it to a Thumb drive and plugged into phone the GS3 instantly shut down....and then nothing. NO power, no charging light...i even did a battery pull but still nothing.
    After reading other posts on XDA etc...sounds as if this is a bigger problem then I even knew about. has this happened to others and if so what did you end up doing?

JUst got of phone w/ verizon support and they are sending me a refurbished phone kinda sucks as Im not a fan of refurbished models. Now I just have to to "discuss" some things with samung and see whats up with their Bull***t cord

Default Re: OEM samsung OTG cable instantly bricked GS3 !!!

I would stay away from using that cord on your newer phone as the same thing is bound to happen.

Unfortunately, Samsung accessories are widely counterfeited. If something claims to be genuine Samsung, but sells for much less that it costs on Samsung's web site, you can bet it's counterfeit. I suspect 90% of the "genuine Samsung OEM" accessories sold on ebay are fakes. So are a lot of the same items sold by independent vendors on Amazon. I bought an "OEM cable" for my Galaxy Tab from an Amazon vendor and it's clearly not original. It works, but it's not nearly as well made as the original.

This is the one I bought 2 of. Works great.
    I've used it to connect an IBM PC keyboard, flash drives, card readers, and even a USB diskette drive.
    Micro USB B 5pin Male to USB A Female with Angle Adapter Convertor Cable Black | eBay